The Marvel Cinematic Universe has introduced a whole new category of fans to the comics because of the introduction of new characters in the MCU. This has resulted in a rise in popularity for many comic book characters. Let’s take a look at 10 MCU characters who got a boost after debuting in the MCU.
1. Black Widow became a popular figure after she made her MCU debut in Iron Man 2. After her debut, she appeared in more comics stories and got her a series in 2020. MCU’s Black Widow was the very first solo appearance of the hero in the MCU, which became popular.
2. Because of Tom Hiddelston’s extraordinary performance as God Of Mischief in MCU, the character got great advantage in the comics. From being a villain to Thor and Avengers, we saw a personality development in Loki’s character. He was also able to perform as an incredible villain in both the comics and the MCU.
3. Iron Man came in the limelight much after other superheroes like Spider-Man. Though in comics, he always had an ongoing series, he was launched in MCU much later. In 2008, when Iron Man was launched, Tony Stark’s character and status took over the heat and Iron Man became one of the most important heroes of MCU. Fans also started recognizing the character more in comics.
4. Hawkeye became a successful character when Jeremy Renner took on the role of Hawkeye in the MCU. This version of Hawkeye was based more on the Ultimate version, which never really adopted the traditional comic book costume as he was a well-trained S.H.I.E.L.D agent.
5. Samuel L. Jackson played the role of Nick Fury Jr. and became one of the fan-favorite roles on the big screen. The mainstream Marvel Universe then introduced a new character in the comic universe named Marcus Johnson aka the new Nick Fury. Further, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. got popularity after it’s release.
6. Thanos and the Infinity Stones started appearing more frequently in the Comic Universe after Marvel released The Avengers (2012). The movie also included a jaw-dropping post-credit scene that had the Infinity Gauntlet. With his more prominent presence in the MCU, Thanos began to be seen more frequently in comics too.
7. Star-Lord has benefited the most by his MCU debut in the Guardian of the Galaxy, and the movie became a fan-favorite as well. Star-Lord’s character was altered a bit to match with the live-action version played by Chris Pratt. Both the MCU version and comic one became a hit.
8. Everyone was surprised by Marvel Studios after they decided to release a solo Ant-Man movie for the very first time in 2015. Though this time, the film was more focused on Scott Lang. Paul Rudd gave an excellent performance which added a whole new level of comedy in the MCU part. He now has become one of the most popular versions of the character, all thanks to MCU.
9. The Eternals were never the most popular team in the comics until the announcement of a new movie featuring them. Most of their looks are modernized to fit better in the Marvel Universe. The Eternals’ adaptation hasn’t hit the theatres yet, but it has received a kick start from their upcoming appearance in the MCU.
10. Last but definitely not the least in the list of 10 MCU characters that got a boost in their comic book versions comes the popular character Black Panther. Black Panther has always been on the list of Marvel’s famous characters. 2018’s Black Panther releasing on the big screen played a significant role in increasing the character’s popularity.