The peacekeeping Jedi guardians are the biggest and best-known characters in the Star Wars galaxy. George Lucas rightly described them as “the warrior monks who keep peace in the universe without resorting to violence.” They are mighty, wield laser swords, and try to discover mysteries of the universe. And since they are supposed to use their power for only defense, the Jedi Order follows meritocracy and is very strict with their training. Along with power and skills, a Jedi must also have the right mindset to resist the dark side of the force to be successful. While pondering on the thought, we thought of more characters across various other TV series that could display the qualities of a Jedi. Find out who are the 10 TV characters that could easily become Jedi Masters.
1. From American Gods, Mr. Ibis, aka the Egyptian God Thoth, has power, but we have never seen him resorting to violence. Thoth, according to mythology, was the scribe of gods, which means that he was intelligent. He was also a philosopher (occasionally). He could become a Jedi with a less active role.
2. Martha Jones, from Doctor Who, has the perfect attitude to become a Jedi master. She is dedicated, always ready to help others, and very selfless too. While training to become a doctor, she joins UNIT to save Earth. Additionally, she is courageous and puts her life at stake while experimenting with a weapon.
3. Allison Argent from Teen Wolf is trained to follow a code and displays extraordinary skills. Not only does she follow it, but she also questions and changes the code to keep the balance and peace, just like Anakin Skywalker.
4. Marshall Eriksen from How I Met Your Mother is a perfect match too. The character from the show displays too many traits of a Jedi. He dedicatedly puts efforts into becoming an environmental lawyer, turns to violence only when he has to protect his friends despite being a good fighter.
5. Chidi Anagonye could easily become a Jedi master, especially after his excellent character development in The Good Place. He becomes an experienced and a more decisive person after receiving his memories. He becomes wiser, and his actions leave a more significant impact on those around him.
6. Ned Stark from Game of Thrones is the most honorable man among all the nine families. His character always went after the search for truth and believed in non-violence. Yet, he was skilled and would use them to protect his family. Just how a Jedi is supposed to be.
7. From Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Rupert Giles portrays a similar relationship with Buffy as that of a Master-Padawan relationship. He trains her, imparting skills as well as moral values. Except for attacking Angelus with a feeling of vengeance, his intelligence, fighting skills, and moral values are apt for being one of the Jedi Masters.
8. Uncle Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender is a beloved character. Fans love his compassionate and philosophical nature. He is a great fighter and goes out of his way to protect life. All of these qualities and his genuine love for the world make him a perfect match.
9. Annie January’s genuine intentions of making the world a better place and taking action for it makes her a great fit. Among the other superheroes, she is one of those who always tries to stick to her principles.
10. Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn Nine-Nine has all the qualities Jedi Masters must have. He never lets emotions get the best of him and makes rational decisions. The fans always admire his dedication and morals.