Not all celebrities attained fame by working directly in the music industry, TV shows, and movies. There are some celebrities who started as underdogs and appeared in reality TV shows before attaining fame. Here are 12 celebrities who appeared on reality shows before becoming super famous.
1. Zac Efron – Zac made his first appearance in an MTV reality show, ‘Room Raiders’ when he was 17 years old. Zac was on a Summerland, and no one knew who he was. This was 11 years ago. He grew up so fast!
2. Britney Spears – Britney auditioned for Star Search in 1992 when she was 12 years old. However, she lost to Mary Thompson, who was the same as her age.
3. Meghan Markle – Markle used to appear on Deal or No Deal, where she holds a briefcase.
4. Laverne Cox – Laverne appeared on the reality TV show “I Want To Work For Diddy” in 2008, where she tried for a celebrity assistant job but made it only to the second week.
5. Carlos PenaVega – Carlos appeared in the show “Making Menudo” and tried to form a boyband before attaining fame in “Big Time Rush”.
6. Lucy Hale – Lucy was one of the winners in the American Juniors in 2003. She also formed a pop band with other winners.
7. Beyoncé – Beyoncé, along with her group, Girl’s Tyme, competed in Star Search. She was just nine years old then.
8. Kesha – Kesha appeared in an episode of the show The Simple Life, where she accompanies Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton.
9. Emma Stone – As we all know that Emma Stone is a screen name of Emily, she won in the show In Search of the New Partridge Family in 2005.
10. Lio Tipon – Lio won the third position in America’s Next Top Model 11th cycle before turning into an actress.
11. Julianne Hough – Julianne was one of the stage dancers in Dancing with the Stars before moving into music and acting.
12. Cardi B – Cardi B appeared in the show Love & HipHop: New York Season 6. However, she backed out in 2016 as she attained stardom in the music industry.