Some celebrities in showbiz definitely know what it means to ‘party to your butt off’. Take a look at 15 bizarre things done by celebrities at their parties
1. When Richard Branson celebrated his mom’s 90th birthday party, he and his male relatives did a Chippendales-like dance on stage. They ended their performance by stripping down to their underwear.
2. When Sir Elton John celebrated his 50th birthday, he threw a masquerade ball for 60 Celebrities. He wore a Louis XIV wig and that was so huge that he had to be carried on the back of a 30-foot truck, which he fitted with a massive velvet throne.
3. Every Halloween, Heidi Klum throws an extravagant party. However, the main attraction is her choice of bizarre themes. Like in 2016 where her own costume was an army of Klum clones.
4. Pop singer Adele celebrated her 30th birthday party by throwing a Titanic-themed bash. The singer, who is obsessed with the movie, threw an opulent bash with costumes and life jackets as party favors.
5. Saturday Night Live’s 10th Anniversary after-party featured several big names on the list live jamming on stage. Highlights of the night included Paul McCartney’s performance of ‘Shake It Off’ with Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande’s harmonies with Michael Bolton, and Bill Murray’s supporting act with a tambourine.
6. In 1966, Truman Capote threw the Black and White Ball, which his 540 closest celebrity friends attended. The party was so epic that an entire book was written on it.
7. When Katy Perry threw her 25th birthday party, she kept the theme as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and asked everyone to wear white. Later, it turned out to be a paint and cake throwing party.
8. When her daughter Stormi turned one, Kylie Jenner hosted a ridiculous amusement park-themed party for her. Guests were treated with carnival food, rides, and prizes. DJ Khaled also showed up at the party and presented the birthday girl with her first-ever Chanel bag.
9. During a short visit to Las Vegas, Prince Harry met Ryan Lochte and challenged him in a swim race. Lochte accepted his dare and they jumped into a pool with their clothes on and swam. Prince Harry just narrowly lost.
10. Mariah Carey once threw a costume party where guests showed up dressed as Mariah Carey.
11. For her 32nd birthday, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton held a star-studded carnival-themed bash. The lavish event was attended by guests like RuPaul and Liza Minnelli. Katy Perry showed up at the party on top of an elephant.
12. Miley Cyrus’ 22nd birthday party in 2014 was a bizarre event. A mechanical penis ride and a huge pizza cake were a few of the attractions. For her previous birthday, she got herself a cake made that resembled her and had marijuana leaves frosted on it.
13. For her mom’s 60th birthday, Beyoncé threw a New Orleans-style masquerade. Guests showed up wearing masks and arrived at the venue via horse-drawn carriages.
14. When revolutionary French fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent launched his new perfume called Opium in 1977, he hosted a huge affair of decadent and opulence. The party was so lavish that Andy Warhol wrote about his regret for missing it. The 800-person guest list included Cher and Truman Capote. The sumptuous decor used in the event featured 2,000 Hawaiian white cattleya orchids and a 1,000 pound Buddha. The estimated cost was $300,000, or $1.25 million in 2019 dollars.
15. Paris Hilton’s 21st birthday party lasted for five days on three different continents! In 2002, Paris decided to celebrate her birthday for five days did six parties in different cities across the globe like Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, New York, Las Vegas, and Paris. To ensure everyone shows up, her father paid everyone’s expenses which were around $75,000 per guest