Getting caught in a lie can be one hell of an awkward experience. It’s the exact moment you realize that honesty is the best policy. Take a look at 15 celebs who told a lie and then got exposed:
1. This one time Shay Mitchell was promoting a makeup brand and was caught pretending to use their product. She hovered the makeup wipes above her eyes and netizens were quick to notice.
SHE AINT EVEN ACTUALLY RUB HER EYE IM CRYING LMFAOOOO pic.twitter.com/JVbWbg5P1i
— jor (@ohjlizzle) September 9, 2018
2. Millie Bobby Brown uploaded a sponcon post where she shared her skincare routine. All through the video, she was pretending to use the product. Later, she tweeted an apology when she was confronted by some angry fans.
Millie Bobby Brown apologizes for pretending to apply her skincare products in viral demo video:
“i’m still learning the best way to share my routines as i get to know this space better – i’m not an expert.” pic.twitter.com/Kufw2GOXtR
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) September 13, 2019
3. When Olivia Jade uploaded fake pictures of her using the rowing machine, as part of her involvement in the now-infamous college admissions scandal:
4. When Kylie Jenner didn’t admit to getting a lip job done and kept lying that her lips are natural.
5. When Bill Clinton denied his relations with Monica Lewinsky. Later in 1998, he admitted that he had engaged himself in an “improper physical relationship” with Lewinsky.
6. When James Frey lied to Oprah and readers about several events in his book ‘A Million Little Pieces’
7. When the entire telephone conversation between Taylor Swift and Kanye West got leaked online and we learned that Kanye and Kim Kardashian lied about Taylor approving the “Famous” lyric that referred to her as a “bitch.”
The infamous phone call between Taylor Swift & Kanye West has leaked online in full, proving Swift's claims of the “I made that b*tch famous” line correct.
In the call, Kanye does not warn her about that lyric being included in the song. pic.twitter.com/chDH8moL5D
— Pop Base (@PopBase) March 21, 2020
8. When comedian Steve Rannazzisi falsely claimed that he survived the 9/11 attacks. Later, he himself admitted it was a lie.
9. When Rapper ‘Bow Wow’ got caught lying about flying on a private jet. He posted a picture on Instagram of a private jet sitting in an economy airline. Netizens soon started the #BowWowChallenge:
— Osama Bin Drinkin'???? (@Al_Khee) May 9, 2017
10. When journalist Brian Williams falsely claimed that he was inside an aircraft “hit by RPG fire” in Iraq when he was actually in a different helicopter. He later issued an apology for the statement.
11. When Paris Hilton told Larry King that she had never done drugs when infact she was arrested for possession of cocaine.
12. When Lance Armstrong denied accusations of using performance-enhancing drugs. He got in trouble later when a few teammates admitted to doping and included his name in the list too.
12. When Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes lied about her blood-testing machine’s ability to accurately run thousands of tests from just a single drop of blood. Journalist John Carreyrou exposed when he wrote a scathing piece on her company.
13. When Eminem was caught lying about his age in an interview with Howard Stern in 1999. The rapper born in 1972, claimed that he was 24 in the interview. According to reports, he was 27 at the time.