It won’t be wrong to label Chris as the least problematic of all the Chrises in Hollywood. There’s still a lot that you might not be knowing about America’s favorite ass. Here’s a list of very less known facts about Chris Evans:
1. Chris turned down the offer to play Captain America not once but twice. Because he was battling with anxiety issues, Chris felt he wasn’t fit enough to step in Cap’s boots. Several panic attacks later, it took a reassuring call from Robert Downey Jr. that changed his mind.
2. Chris is extremely fond of Disney. While growing up, Disney’s animated movies paid an important part in his life. It was like a dream come true for him when Lightyear happened.
3. Chris has been a part of more comic book movies than any other actor in Hollywood. Leaving MCU aside, he starred in the Fantastic Four films as Johnny Storm, and has played roles in other comic book movies like The Losers, Scott Pilgrim, and Snowpiercer.
4. Chris got rejected when he auditioned for Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story. They told him he was too old to play the role of a teenage gang member, and not old enough to be Officer Krupke.
5. Since he has grown up memorizing and singing Disney songs, Chris is currently dying to do a musical with Disney
6. Some of his earliest work includes his appearance as “Tyler” in the 1990s board game “Mystery Date.” His pretty face featured on the box cover of the game.
7. From a very young age, Chris had a massive crush on Sandra Bullock. He claims he has grown up watching her movies. There were even rumors going around that Chris tried to actually pursue her romantically.
8. In an interview with Seth Meyers, Chris shared that right after he lost his virginity, he told his mom about it. He said that the first thing he felt like doing after sex was bragging about it to his mom about it.
9. Chris says that he isn’t afraid to step into politics. His uncle Mike Capuano happens to be a Congressman. Capuano represented Massachusetts in the U.S. House of Representatives.
10. Chris has a brother who’s an actor too! We’re talking about Scott Evans who too has a successful career. You might recognize him from the soap opera One Life to Live and the Netflix comedy Grace and Frankie.
11. Chris happens to be an excellent tap dancer. Although he chooses to remain modest about it, several interviewers have brought up Evans’ tap dancing skills whenever they’re in conversation with him.
12. The cable knit sweater that Evans wore in the mystery-comedy movie Knives Out became an internet favorite. Chris got his pooch Dodger an exact same piece so they both could go twinning.
13. Chris’ dad, Robert Evans is a very famous practicing dentist in Massachusetts.
14. Chris took great interest in Eastern philosophy as a teenager and eventually became a practicing Buddhist. He believes that his beliefs mesh with those in the Buddhist religion. You can occasionally spot him attending Buddhism classes in Los Angeles.
15. Before he was given the title of “America’s Ass,” Anthony Mackie liked to call him “Captain Little Ass.” It was during the shoots of The Winter Soldier when Mackie would poke fun at Evans’ ability to gain muscle but still have a small waist and tiny tush.