It’s difficult to watch your favorite actor fall in love on screen when they are so much older than their partner. They might be playing a couple who’ve been together for years, but the younger person is so much better looking and closer to your age. And they’ve had to make some pretty weird decisions when choosing co-stars. Could they really be happy together? And if they are indeed in love, could that kind of relationship last? These are questions that haunt our minds over and over again as we continue to binge-watch the movie. So here are 16 Popular Movies Where Actor Age Gaps Playing Couples Made Us All Uneasy.
1. Catherine Zeta-Jones, 29, and Sean Connery, 68, turned a 39-year age gap into one of the main plot points of the film Entrapment.
2. Scarlett Johansson, 18, and Bill Murray,52, with an age gap of 34, romanced on-screen in Lost in Translation. The uncanny difference in their age underwhelmed film critics.
3. Michael Douglass, 54, and Gwyneth Paltrow,26, starrer A Perfect Murder was uncomfortable for the audience due to the 28 year age difference between the leads.
4. Tom Skerritt,58, and Drew Barrymore, 17, worked together in Poison Ivy. The film was much into the limelight due to the massive difference in their ages.
5. Anne Heche,29, and Harrison Ford, 55, in Six Days, played the roles of lovers. However, there was a 26 years gap between them.
6. Kelly LeBrock, 24, and Gene Wilder, 51, were filmed in The Woman in Red. The audience did not admire the 27 year age gap and was awkward.
7. Jeff Bridges, 60, and Maggie Gyllenhaal,32, were on-screen partners for Crazy Heart. The 28-year difference in the co-actors was repelling for the gazers.
8. Micheal Keaton, 63, and Andrea Riseborough, 32, played the lead roles in Birdman. The protagonist fell for Andrea; she was 31 years younger, which was unhandy for the viewers.
9. Helen Hunt, 34, and Jack Nicholson, 60, were the cast in As Good as It Gets. The female lead was 26 years younger than her on-screen lover. This comparable age gap was quite uncomfortable for the fans.
10. Jack Nicholson, 66, and Amanda Peet, 31, were reel life companions in Something’s Gotta Give. But, unfortunately, here, Jack’s age was more than twice the age of his love interest.
11. Liam Nesson, 61, and Olivia Wilde,29, could be seen together in Third Person. Unfortunately, the love story in the movie flourishes with the actor being 32 years older than the actress.
12. Warren Beatty, 61, and Halle Berry,31, were cast together in Bulworth. Warren was successful in charming his junior co-star. However, the substantial age gap between the actors was 30 years and was unhandy for the spectators.
13. Keanu Reeves,54, and Ali Wong, 37, acted together in Always Be My Maybe. The 17 years older, Keanu was an eminent on-screen boyfriend of Wong. The relationship between the leads was pretty unpleasant for the starers of the movie.
14. Cary Grant, 59, and Audrey Hepburn, 34, cast the roles of the protagonists. Unfortunately, the film had set in awkward moments for the audience due to the considerable age gap of 26 years between the lovers.
15. Steve Carell, 45 and, Anne Hathway, 25, played the lead in getting Smart. The movie depicts the story of the two detectives who fall for each other. The distinction in their age of 20 years was precarious for the audience.
16. Lastly, Fred Astaire, 57, and Audrey Hepburn, 27, in Funny Face. The couple shared an age gap of 30 years and made the protagonist a cradle-robber, and hence the film got awkward for the audience to watch.
So these were the 16 Popular Movies Where Actor Age Gaps Playing Couples Made Us All Uneasy.
Also, take a look at our YouTube Channel and watch the Suicide Squad Bloopers: