A plot twist can literally make or break a TV show. When they’re good they elevate the show to a whole new level. However, if they suck, it takes no time for their audience to lose interest.
From surprising new character introductions to the untimely death of prominent characters, there have been some really good and bad plot twists on TV shows.
We are taking a look at some ridiculous plot twists that totally ruined our favorite TV shows
1) Daenerys Targaryen’s “mad queen” arc on Game of Thrones.
Daenerys Targaryen’s character who only cared about the well-being of her people for seven seasons just flips in two episodes.
2) The bomb at the end of Veronica Mars.
Just when Keith and Veronica capped their day of heroism off, we hear the mad bomber telling us this
3) When Clarke killed Bellamy on The 100.
Clarke killing Bellamy was a petty choice of the writers to hurt the viewers who wanted the two to end up together
4) Oliver’s secret son on Arrow.
Oliver discovering that he has a son and then deciding to hide it from his fiancé was a big no
5) The plane crash on Grey’s Anatomy.
Mark and Lexie dying in the plane crash on Grey’s Anatomy made many viewers lose interest
6) The turn in Olivia’s career path on Scandal.
After all those seasons of fighting the agency, how could Olivia become the head…
7) Amon’s sudden backstory reveals in The Legend of Korra.
Amon was blood bending (an advanced form of water bending) to remove a person’s ability to bend
8) When Elena was knocked into an enchanted sleep for the final two seasons of The Vampire Diaries.
Killing the centric character of the show literally made no sense
9) When Wes was at the center of the plot twist AGAIN on How to Get Away with Murder
Wes dying in HTGAWM simply mislead the audience and lost its viewers
10) Marlena’s demonic possession on Days of Our Lives.
The show turned a little too unrealistic with when Marlena got demonically possessed
11) Castiel’s heavenly promotion on Supernatural.
The show in the first place became overcomplicated when they introduced angels and God
12) Another secret son, but this time on One Tree Hill.
When Clay on magically had a whole-ass son that he blocked out and forgot about
13) Spencer’s secret twin on Pretty Little Liars.
PLL introducing a twin seemed like the show makers ran out of characters to blame things on
14) Luke’s daughter on Gilmore Girls.
When Luke had a daughter on Gilmore Girls, it completely ruined his and Lorelai’s relationship alongside the storyline
15) When Deb confessed her feelings for her adoptive brother on Dexter.
Deb telling Dexter that she was in love with him was pretty random and awkward.
16) When How I Met Your Mother is revealed to actually be a story about Ted’s love for Robin and not the mother.
It’s hard to acknowledge the existence of the last episode. The show finishes when they get married
17) Aunt Vivian’s surprise pregnancy on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
The show is all great but the pregnancy made no sense, as their kids were all grown up.
Which plot twists did you hate the most? Tell us in the comment box below