It is honestly the worst feeling when you’re watching a TV show so good that it becomes a part of your life’s daily routine and it comes to an end. Running for numerous seasons, some dramas and sitcoms prove themselves to be incredibly popular with audiences. However, before the fans, it is the stars who have to prepare themselves for bidding adieu to their projects.
Scroll below to take a look at some of the toughest times our actors had during the final day of filming their beloved show:
1. In Schitt’s Creek, the last thing the entire cast had to film on their soundstages was David and Patrick’s wedding, hence a lot of the tears you saw in the scenes were real because everyone was getting ready to say goodbye to each other.
2. The final moment on Schitt’s Creek that Annie Murphy, Dan Levy, and Catherine O’Hara filmed was when David, Alexis, Patrick, and Stevie say goodbye to Moira and Johnny outside the motel.
3. Fleabag‘s last scene that Sian Clifford filmed was when Claire, before going after Klare, told Fleabag that she would only sprint through an airport for her.
4. Will Smith describes the final week of filming The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, as “fuzzy” in his mind. He told that he always “lives in the future” and tries to avoid the pain of bidding adieu to the show.
5. DJ Jazzy Jeff was so heartfelt over saying farewell to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air that he didn’t even stick around to say goodbye to the entire cast; he simply got in the car and drove home.
6. Anya Taylor-Joy admitted to crying during “every single take” while filming the final moments of The Queen’s Gambit, where Beth played chess in the Russian park. She explained she was just too overwhelmed for her character at that moment.
7. The moment that broke down David Schwimmer and cry the hardest during the final filming day of Friends was when the cast hugged before filming their very last scene.
8. On Breaking Bad, the last thing the cast actually filmed was the flashback scenes that are seen at the beginning of “Ozymandias.” These scenes were last because Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul had to shave, and they didn’t want them to wear wigs/fake beards in the final episode.
9. On Supernatural, after Misha Collins wrapped his extremely emotional final day on set, the cast members all got on a flight to go to a convention, and one of the engines on the plane literally exploded and they had to return to Vancouver.
10. The final scene of The Good Place, which Kristen Bell and William Jackson Harper filmed was on the bridge in Paris when Chidi tells Eleanor he’s ready to leave the Good Place. Michael Schur actually kept the camera rolling, and Kristen and William were just sobbing together.
11. In The Vampire Diaries, creator Julie Plec would give a “eulogy” for each of the actors after they wrapped filming, which detailed how important they were to the show and how impactful their roles were to the story.
12. When Paul Wesley finished filming his final scene on The Vampire Diaries, someone sprayed silly string directly into his eye after they yelled cut. Paul said “I was doing this emotional scene, crying or whatever, and then all of a sudden I have [silly string] in my eyes. I was like, ‘Wait, what?’ It was really funny.”
13. On Grey’s Anatomy, when Meredith tells Cristina that her career is just beginning, in reality, it was the last scene Sandra Oh and Ellen Pompeo were filming together. The two simply held each other and started crying after filming the scene.
14. On The Office, creator Greg Daniels wanted the entire cast to have a final time and wrap up together, therefore the last scene they filmed was a massive group scene with everyone.
15. The Office showrunners kept Steve Carell’s return in the series finale a massive secret and didn’t even show his scenes to NBC executives. They had Creed read Michael’s lines during the final table read.
16. The closing scene which was filmed for Orange Is the New Black was when Taystee calls Judy King to tell her about the Poussey Washington Fund.
17. The version of “Seasons” — Danielle’s song that was inspired by Orange Is the New Black — that plays during the closing credits was recorded when Danielle sang it to everyone on set during the last day of filming.
18. The audience used for the final live taping of The Big Bang Theory was filled with the show’s former cast members, crew, friends and family of the cast, and loyal fans. Here’s a fun fact: Kaley Cuoco’s dad attended all 279 tapings.
19. During The Big Bang Theory series finale, the audience gasped and cheered so loud, you could barely hear the rest of the scene between Leonard and Penny, so they had to film it one more time “for safety.”
20. On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the very last shot of the series was a scene between Coulson and May, and Chloe Bennet was actually watching from behind the camera as Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen filmed this final moment.
21. On Game of Thrones, the last scene that Emilia Clarke filmed was actually when Daenerys and Jon talk in the middle of the battle at Winterfell.
What was your favorite show out of all these? Share with us in the comment section below!