Certain movie and TV scenes are so emotional that they move you to tears every time you watch them. When a user on Reddit asked, “What scene from a movie or TV show, never fails to move you to unending tears, no matter how many times you’ve watched it?”. Well, here are some of the answers.
Warning: there are massive spoilers ahead, and you may even grab some tissues before you reach the end of this list.
1. Jojo from Jojo Rabbit goes after a butterfly, only for it to lead him to the sight of his mother hanged among other victims. This scene indeed made all of us cry along with Jojo.
2. Up: The movie progresses with time, and the loving couple grows old together only to realize one has to leave in the end as it is nature’s way.
3. The Princess Bride: It wasn’t money or power Inigo desired. Instead, he asked for his father, who Rugen killed. Inigo finally avenges the death of his father.
4. Jurassic bark: When Futurama discloses that Fry’s dog Seymour never forgot about him and loyally spent years waiting for his return; this emotional scene never fails to move every dog lover to unstoppable tears.
5. Game of thrones: The heart-breaking origin of Hodor’s one-word vocabulary is revealed during his death scene. Hodor dies as a sacrifice for Bran’s past and future life.
6. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Will breaks down to tears while asking his uncle a heart-touching question about why his father doesn’t want him. This scene is unforgettable.
7. Game of Thrones: In season 8, the hound stops Arya from killing Cersei, as he doesn’t want Arya to turn out vengeful like him. Arya, thanks, Sandor.
8. Buffy The Vampire Slayer: When Anya, an ex-demon turned human, confesses how lost and confused she feels following the demise of Joyce Summers.
9. The Green Mile: Viewers couldn’t stop crying when John Coffey is executed for rape and murder charges, despite being innocent.
10. Marley and Me: It is heart-breaking to see Marley sick and dying. The family mourns Marley’s death. Life was peaceful until the aging Marley suffers an incurable intestinal disorder.
11. Schindler’s list: When Oskar Schindler breaks down at the climax, viewers couldn’t stop the tears. As he is immensely guilty that he could’ve saved more lives during the war.
12. In the movie Toy Story 3, when all the toys unite as they head towards the incinerator.
13. Dead Poets Society: It was emotionally fulfilling to watch Mr. Keating’s students protest against the stringent rules of their school and honor their favorite teacher after he is fired.
14. When Moana’s grandmother dies in the emotional climax scene of ‘Moana.’ Her spirit reappears as a manta ray in the ocean as she sets out on her quest.
15. Hunger Games: When Rue’s dying wish is to hear Katniss sing to her, it was the most heart-rendering one.
16. Love, Simon: When Simon lashes out on Martin after he outed him, was the saddest part of the film.
17. Rick and Morty: When Rick realizes that he can’t tell who his real daughter was and who was a clone, as he was too scared to let himself know. Indeed this scene was quite emotional.
18. Fried Green Tomatoes: When Sipsey comforted Idgie following Ruth’s demise from cancer, it was one heart-breaking scene.
19. Good Will Hunting: Sean doesn’t blame Will for his abusive childhood. It was unexpected and left the viewers reaching for more tissues.
20. The handmaid’s tale: In the season 2 premiere, audiences couldn’t get over the scene when the handmaids face an agonizing fake execution.
21. Avengers: Endgame: When Captain America hears Sam say “on your left”, he realizes that everyone who perished in Infinity War is back and ready to fight.
22. Cast away: When Chuck Noland’s volleyball buddy, Wilson, drowns in the sea while trying to escape from the island.
These are the most rated emotionally challenging scenes by the audience. Comment below what’s your favorite cathartic scene that breaks your heart every time you watch it.