Meeting your favorite celebrities in person can be quite overwhelming. You can tell yourself that they’re all humans like you but once they come face to face, it’s hard to not get excited. However, multiple instances suggest that celebrity/fan encounters can become awkward and hilarious. Some stars just want to be left alone in public while some pass the vibe check when they encounter a fan.
Imagine getting seated next to Christian Bale for a 5-hour long flight or waiting next to Adam Sandler in a food court. Take a look at 30 celebrities who brightened the day of their fans when they encountered them at some random public place:
1. This guy met Brie Larson while working the night shift at his local AMC theater
2. This guy got lucky enough to sit next to Christian Bale for a 5-hour long flight. He however regrets barely speaking to him as he respected his privacy.
3. This guy met Beyonce in New Orleans who said “Whatever face you make, I’ll make” while taking a selfie.
4. This guy bumped into Lil Pump at the airport on his way to Boy Scout camp and says the rapper was so stoned that he thought the guy was from military.
5. This Air Force captain met Chris Evans in Qatar on a USO visit and thanked him for the Captainn America franchise. He added, “Chris shook every Soldier’s hand and had dinner with some folks afterwards.”
6. This guy met Tom Hanks at a bar and told him that he had a really awkward picture request. Tom passed the vibe check as he was more than happy to assist and clicked this ‘banana for scale’ picture.
7. This guy met the famous restaurateur Guy Fieri while wearing a “Dungeons & Dragons & Drive-ins & Dives” shirt and said he was a super down to earth person.
8. When they were 4, these twin brother met their favorite super Lou Ferrigno (who played The Hulk on the ’70s–’80s TV show) and were disappointed that he wasn’t actually green.
9. This guy met Obama on a golf course while he was still a president. Obama passed the vibe check when he paused his game to shake hands with the guy.
10. This fan crossed paths with the Fonz — Barry costar Henry Winkler at her workplace.
11. This guy met Forest Whitaker who won an Academy Award for playing Ugandan President Idi Amin.
13. This woman met the cast of The Grand Budapest Hotel, including Jeff Goldblum on a night train and had drinks with them.
14. This guy crossed paths with Patric Stewart when he was working with a Tour Bus Company in NY at an event and called him the kindest celebrity he’d ever met:
15. This girl met Bruce Campbell at a wedding back in the ’90s:
16. This girl showed up at a fan convention wearing a dress with Ryan Reynolds face on it to meet his frenemy Hugh Jackman
17. This fan got his seat next to Bill Murray at a Cubs game
18. This guy met Ewan McGreggor who took time out for a picture
19. This guy met Adam Sandler while waiting in a queue at a food court. He wrote “I tried not to be obnoxious and made it really quick. He said thanks bro.”
20. This woman paused her football game when she saw Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage walking by. Dinklage was kind enough for a photo.
21. This girl waited for her flight sitting next to the Game of Thrones legend Kritian Nairn (Hodor).
23. This guy met Jim Carrey at a fan convention who was cool enough to make faces with him for a picture.
24. This family met Jason Momoa at a fan convention but ensured to get an unusual photo.
25. This fan of The Office crossed paths with Hidetoshi Imura who played surgeon–turned–Dundler Mifflin warehouse worker Hidetoshi Hasegawa.
26. This fan managed to click a selfie with the entire Foo Fighters band and said that their tour manager nearly killed her.
27. This fan of Home Improvement met Richard Karn (aka Al Borland) and even told him, “Well, I don’t think that’s such a good idea, Tim”
28. Paul Rudd passed the vibe check when stopped for a photo with this fan at a market’s driveway.
29. This young chap crossed path with Jack Black who looked into his eyes and said “it’s like looking in a young mirror”. He wrote “Jack departed with ‘goodnight, my doppelgänger’. This is the best night of my life.”
30. This guy met the veteran actress Rosemary Harris who is better known as ‘Aunt May’ from the Spider-Man franchise. She was more than delighted for a photograph.
Have you ever met a celebrity who passed the vibe check for you? What was it like? Share with us in the comment section below!