There are so many memorable TV characters that carry the show from its inception. But on the flip side, there are some characters that were introduced later but captured our hearts. These characters made their TV shows so much better. This is our list of the 31 TV characters Who Didn’t Appear In The First Episode Yet Made Their Show Better.
1. Joseph Morgan as Klaus Mikaelson on The Vampire Diaries
Klaus appeared on our favorite vampire show, in Episode 19, Season 2. He was the original vampire and werewolf hybrid.
2. Alycia Debnam-Carey as Lexa on The 100
Lexa was first seen in the episode name Fog of war, Episode 6, Season 2.
3. Colin O’Donoghue as Killian Jones/Hook on Once Upon a Time
Hooks first appeared on the TV show in the episode named crocodile. He did not appear on the show until Season 2, Episode 4.
4. Danai Gurira as Michonne on The Walking Dead
Michonne is a spectacular character introduced in the episode besides the dying fire. She appeared in Season 2, Episode 13. Michonne is one of the key characters on the show now.
5. Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak on Arrow
Felicity first appeared on the TV show in Episode 3, Season 1, named Lone Gunmen. She was technologically gifted, especially in computer science.
6. A.J. Cook as Jennifer “JJ” Jareau on Criminal Minds
JJ first appeared on the show in Season 1, Episode 2, named compulsion as a supervisory special agent.
7. Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Mariano on Gilmore Girls
Jess first appeared on the beloved show, the Gilmore girls, in Episode 5, Season 2, called Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy.
8. Noel Fisher as Mickey Milkovich on Shameless
Mickey was the violent and serious older brother of Mandy. He first appeared on the show in Season 1, Episode 3, named Aunt Ginger.
9. Misha Collins as Castiel on Supernatural
Castiel first appeared on the TV show in Season 4, Episode 1, known as Lazarus rising.
10. Samira Wiley as Poussey Washington on Orange Is the New Black
Poussey first appeared on the show in the show called Tit punch in Season 1, Episode 2. She was in the 1st and 2nd seasons and became the main character in the 3rd and 4th seasons.
11. Chyler Leigh playing Lexie Grey in Grey’s Anatomy
Lexie Grey first appeared on the beloved drama show in Season 3, Episode 24. The show was named Testing 1.2.3 and was the half-sister of Meredith Grey.
12. Eric Dane as Mark Sloan on Grey’s Anatomy
Mark Sloan first appeared on the show in Episode 18, Season 2, named yesterday and was an instant hit among the fans. Mark was the head of plastic surgery and was introduced a Derek Shepard’s best friend.
13. Sophia Bush as Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill
Brooke was first seen on the show, in Season 1, Episode 2. Named The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most.
14. Lamorne Morris as Winston Bishop on New Girl
Winston first appeared on the show in the episode named Kryptonite in Season 1 Episode 2 and was an instant fan favorite.
15. Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer on Schitt’s Creek
Patrick first appeared on the show Season 3, Episode 8 named Motel review, and was an eccentric and likable character.
16. Maya Hawke as Robin Buckley on Stranger Things
Robin Buckley from the stranger things first appeared on the hit show in Season 3, Episode 1. She was one of the main characters of the season and was a former classmate of Steve Harrington.
17. Andrew Scott as the Priest on Fleabag
In his role as the priest in Season 2, Andrew was first seen in Episode 1. He was an instant hit among the female fans of the show.
18. Harry Shum Jr. as Mike Chang on Glee
Chang first appeared in this role in the episode called Preggers in Season 1, Episode 4. He has been an important part of the cast ever since.
19. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe as Ben Wyatt and Chris Traeger on Parks and Recreation
They first appeared in the episode called The Master Plan in Season 2, Episode 23. These two comedic geniuses were extremely liked by the fans.
20. Cicely Tyson as Ophelia Harkness on How to Get Away with Murder
Ophelia first appeared on the show in Episode 13 of Season 1 called Mamas Here Now. She played Annalise’s mother but was a great character that soon became one of the show’s primary characters.
21. Katherine Barrell as Nicole Haught on Wynonna Earp
Nicole had her first appearance on the show in Episode 2 of Season 1 named “Keep the Home Fires Burning.”
22. Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor on Supergirl
Lena Luthor appeared in the show in Season 2, Episode 1. The episode was named The Adventures of Supergirl.
23. Henry Ian Cusick playing Desmond Hume in Lost
Desmond first appeared in Season 2, Episode 1. The episode was named Man of Science, Man of Faith.
24. Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones
The Lady of Tarth first appeared in Season 2, Episode 3, and was a fantastic character from the beginning. This beloved character became one of the key people.
25. Maya Rudolph as the Judge on The Good Place
Maya first appeared in her role as the judge in Episode 1, Season 2, named the burrito.
26. Vanessa Morgan as Toni Topaz on Riverdale
Toni Topaz was first seen on Riverdale in Season 2, Episode 3, and soon became a key character.
27. Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers on Pretty Little Liars
The first appearance of Caleb was in Season 1, Episode 14, named Careful What U Wish 4. He soon became a fan favorite.
28. Amy Acker as Winifred “Fred” Burkle on Angel
Winifred was first seen on the show Angel in Episode 19, Season 2. The Episode was named Belonging.
29. James Marsters as Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Spike first appeared on the show in Season 2, Episode 3 named School Hard. He soon became the main antagonists of the show.
30. Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez on Lucifer
The beloved Ella Lopez first appeared on the hit TV show Lucifer in Season 2, Episode 1.
31. Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad
Saul Goodman, the lawyer with loose morals, first appeared on the show Season 2, Episode 8, named Better Call Saul.