The Marvel Cinematic Universe has redefined the way viewers approach big-budget films. They have movies filled with epic, iconic moments and more often feature dialogues that are funnier than any film in theaters these days.
While moments like Iron Man’s snap to save the universe or Thor not going for the head are remembered way too often, we stans often fail to appreciate other such MCU moments which equally deserve our love. How cute was the smile that Bucky and Sam passed when they saw Cap kissing Sharon? Or maybe the face of pride that Happy had in Spider-Man: Far From Home when he saw Peter building his suit just like Tony.
Take a look at some moments from the MCU which should be talked about more often and are highly under-appreciated:
1. In Avengers: Infinity War, when Bruce couldn’t keep his calm after Thor’s heroic arrival in Wakanda.
2. In Avengers: Endgame, when Nebula and Rocket hold hands after Nebula’s return to Earth. The two hated each other two movies ago but were the only ones remaining in their group.
3. Luis’s hilarious way of narrating his stories to Scott where he’s doing something of culture like tasting wine or being at an art exhibit.
4. In Thor: Ragnarok, when Thor kept spilling his beer while Doctor Strange transported him around the New York Sanctum.
5. In Doctor Strange, when Wong was busy grooving to “Single Ladies” and misses Stephen stealing library books.
6. In Avengers: Infinity War, when Mantis mixes up in explaining what the Guardians do, and Tony and Peter are left confused.
7. In Iron Man 2, when Tony saves the life of a little boy wearing an Iron Man helmet. Many fan theories suggest that this little boy is Peter Parker and that’d honestly be too awesome.
8. In Avengers: Endgame, when Morgan asks Happy for a cheeseburger. In this moment, you know that Morgan will always be taken care of and there will always be a father figure in her life.
9. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when young Bucky helps Steve find his house key after his mom’s demise, and Bucky knows where a spare key is hidden. It showed the depth of their friendship and history without having to express it with words.
10. In The Avengers, an old man from the crowd stands up and says this powerful line to Loki while everyone around him kneels.
11. The card trick callback in WandaVision, when Jimmy meets Monica Rambeau. Jimmy saw this trick in Ant-Man and the Wasp when he met Scott Lang. He even tried to learn it later.
12. In Black Panther, when Killmonger startles everyone by showing up in Wakanda and revealing his true identity.
13. This callback in Avengers: Endgame, where Clint reminds Natasha that they’re “a long way from Budapest” while traveling to Vormir. In Avengers, in the middle of their fight with the Chitauri army, Natasha tells Steve “It’s just like Budapest all over again”. Scarlett Johansson has confirmed that her Black Widow solo movie will finally explain that reference to the Budapest mission with Hawkeye.
14. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent rebels to launch the helicarriers after Steve revealed that HYDRA had infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D.
15. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when Bucky utters “But I knew him.” His eyes had so many emotions in them.
16. In Captain America: Civil War, when Bucky asks Sam to make some leg space for him by moving his seat up. This scene had a callback in Falcon and the Winter Soldier where Sam this time asked Bucky to move his seat up.
17. In Avengers: Infinity War, when Vision shields Wanda’s head as they fall and crash through the ceiling in Scotland.
18. Scott’s adorable “Hi Peanut” to Cassie In Ant-Man before he whooped Yellowjacket’s arse.
19. This super cool knife flip which Bucky does in the middle of his fight with Steve in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Yes, he did it again in Falcon and the Winter Soldier!
20. This perfect callback to Loki getting smashed in The Avengers when he’s super excited to see his brother Thor get smashed by Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok.
21. In Avengers: Infinity War, when Bruce gets a little too excited inside the Hulkbuster suit and trips instantly. The face Okoye makes is priceless
22. In Avengers: Age of Ultron, when wise Vision confronts Ultron’s final robot and gives it this incredible speech about humanity. Vision’s intelligence makes him one of the MCU’s most compelling characters.
23. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when Natasha knocks off Sitwell from the edge of a building and then casually continues her conversation with Steve.
24. In Iron Man when Rhodey misses out on all the action by not taking the fun-vee and later asks Tony about the experience.
25. Wanda scrunching her nose in WandaVision when she’s happy and looking at Vision, Billy, and/or Tommy definitely needs to be talked about more often.
26. In Captain America: Civil War, when Bucky grabs Tony’s foot in a bid to prevent Tony from torching Steve.
27. Peter and Ned’s first reunion after the Blip in Avengers: Endgame. The moment is so overwhelming for both of them. Imagine if your best friend was erased from existence and you are seeing them for the first time
28. In Black Panther, when Nakia and T’Challa make a classy entrance in the casino.
29. In The Avengers, when Tony distracts everyone by pointing out that a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent was playing the shooter arcade game Galaga.
30. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, when Natasha is completely unfazed when Sam reveals that the Falcon wings are in a heavily guarded facility.
31. In Ant-Man and the Wasp, when Luis hilariously takes a jab at Uzman, the guy who gives him the “truth serum.”
32. A moment in Captain America: Civil War, when Bucky jumps in front of Sam before they fall while fighting Spider-Man. The two barely knew each other back then but had started to bond.
33. All appearances made by Stan Lee in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. His cameos were something which all of us Marvel stans used to look forward to in the MCU films.
Which other MCU moment do you think should be talked about more often? Tell us in the comment section below!