Modern Warfare 3 was released and did not receive acclaim from reviewers as well as users. If anything, the game is probably the biggest disappointment of 2023. The lowest-rated game in the franchise, there number of issues that are plaguing the game. Both the single-player as well as multiplayer modes are rife with them.
There are so many things Modern Warfare 3 gets wrong by a mile, and there is not plenty it does right. All of it justifies the user score it got on Metacritic which is 57. From matchmaking issues to players abusing the Riot Shield mechanic. Amongst all of the game modes, Modern Warfare 3 also sees the return of the much-loved Zombies mode which had been missing from the franchises for quite some time.
Players are enjoying the game mode and reportedly have fewer complaints about it than other game modes that are offered by the game. Recently a video surfaced on Reddit that discussed the 8 free perks gamers can equip in Zombies mode a tad easier.
The 8 Free Perks to Get in Modern Warfare 3 (First Half)
The video, posted by the Reddit user u/atKimberleyTayla includes eight perks that can be claimed by the player in Modern Warfare 3’s Zombies mode. One of the perks in this section helps you spot enemies quickly and one will increase your maximum health. All in all, they will make the game a little less ruthless for the player.
Fortunately, the video also includes the areas one has to go to to get these perks, Here are the perks which are shown in the video:
- Death Perception
- Speed Cola
- PhD Flopper
- Quick Revive
Perks in Modern Warfare 3 offer a variety of buffs after they are used and here is how to get these perks as quickly as possible. To have a bird’s eye view of all the locations of the perks, here is a useful interactive map that will most certainly come in handy:
- Death Perception: This perk helps in spotting Obscured enemies, chests, resources, and item drops more easily. To unlock this perk, one has to go to the area of the map shown in the embedded video. It is roughly north-west of Popov Power. Once you do, you will come across a tower which you will need to climb. You will then need to jump off it and parachute through three humongous rings right in front of you. Once you do a rift will open and you will receive your perk-a-cola.
- Speed Cola: This perk-a-cola will help you be a lot more rapid and snappy while reloading and relating your armor. To obtain this free perk-a-cola you need to head to the bird statue which you can find linked above. It can be found to the left, almost in line with Popov Power. Once you reach it, you will need a vehicle. Get into it drive to the top of it and jump off. Once you do, a reward rift will grant you your perk-a-cola.
- Jugger-Nog: This will help you fight the undead for longer as this perk-a-cola will increase your maximum health. To obtain this, you need to head to north east of the Seaport District, the exact location can be found in the video. Then, right at the extinguished campfire throw a thermite or Molotov so that it lands in the middle of the campfire. This will seemingly light it up again. After that, a reward rift will grant you better maximum health.
- Stamin Up: This one will make you run faster and run for longer. For this one, you need to go to the Wallbuy weapon location southwest of Zaravan City. Enter the apartment complex’s staircase and sprint upstairs and ensure that you do it without stopping. Then you need to get to the door at the top, open it, and kill any zombies around. You will then hear a rift open up and it will grant you Stamin Up.
The 8 Free Perks to Get in Modern Warfare 3 (Second Half)
The perks in the second half get even more interesting. Some will help you target enemies’ critical damage locations. While the others will let you use your inventory even after you die.
Finding them isn’t tough at all, all it takes are some grenades, a sniper rifle with a scope, and an ATV. If you have all these at hand, go on and grab some perk-a-colas.
- Tombstone: This interesting perk will let you stash your backpack inventory at the spot where you die. One can retrieve it when one spawns next. For this, you need to go southwest of Shahin Manor. Head to the construction area shown in the video. Ascend and ensure that you have a Sniper Rifle with a scope. A crane nearby will have a teddy bear at one of its stems. Aim at it, and hover at it using your sight. This will reward you with Tombstone.
- PhD Flopper: This perk will trigger an explosion when you dive to prone. The explosion increases the higher you fall and you receive immunity from fall damage. Area-of-effect damage from weapons also has no effect on you. To find this go to the building labelled Shahin Manor, and climb the building. After that jump into the swimming pool to receive it.
- Quick Revive: This will decrease the time taken to review and help you regenerate your health faster. Grab an ATV and head to the location shown in the video. Stop at the sign and wait for an audio queue. Once you hear it, whizz towards the next signboard to receive your perk.
- Deadshot: This perk will let you hit the enemy’s critical damage locations as long as effortlessly by moving your aim toward it. This will also increase enemy critical damage. To get it, go to the location shown in the video. Aim the grenade or Semtex and throw it through the window to get your free perk.
The Zombies Mode in Modern Warfare 3 returned after not being present in any other games in the Modern Warfare franchise reboot. The game mode is a ton of fun to play with friends when its not being buggy. And frankly, it might be many people’s only incentive to spend money on the title.
With the game not receiving favorable reviews, it will be interesting to see what the developer and publisher have in mind to save Modern Warfare 3 from a trainwreck. Modern Warfare 3 is out for PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One & Series X|S and PC.