The Marvel Cinematic Universe always holds our attention with its astounding cast members. Playing the most contrasting roles at the same time may sound surreal. But there are MCU actors who have never failed to delight their audience. No matter what character they play, they always amaze their fans. Many MCU actors play both the superhero and the villainous roles with absolute competency. Here is a list of 9 MCU superheroes known for their villain roles apart from their superhero roles.
1. Nick Fury and Ordell Robbie: Samuel L. Jackson has played several villainous characters. In the movie Jackie Brown directed by Quentin Tarantino, Jackson played the role of Ordell Robbie. Robbie is a windbag drug dealer, and is ruined due to his egotism.
2. Thor and Billy Ray: One of the sought-after characters in MCU is the one and only Thor. He played the part of Billy Ray, a threatening villain in the movie Bad Times At The El Royale. The film wasn’t a hit, but the role was.
3. MCU actress as the backing voice of the snake: Kaa is the snake in the famous film The Jungle Book, directed by Jon Favreau. The voice behind Kaa is Scarlett Johansson, who starred as Natasha Romanoff in the MCU movies.
4. The Snoopy Miller: Don Cheadle played the role of Snoopy Miller in the movie Out of Sight. He did a fantastic job of playing the role in a crime movie and is undoubtedly famous for the same.
5. The Star Lord of the MCU movies is played by one of the most amazing MCU actors, Chris Pratt. And he is the very person who spectacularly acted an opposite role in the movie Take Me Home Tonight.
6. Knives Out: Who on Earth doesn’t know about Captain America in the MCU? The actor, Chris Evans, plays the role and has a huge fan base for the same. But do you know about his other characters? He played the role of a nincompoop in the mystery movie Knives Out.
7. Hawkeye in S.W.A.T: Jeremy Renner plays the well-liked character of Hawkeye in the MCU. Besides, he is observed as one of the best villains by his appearance in the movie S.W.A.T.
8. Robert Downey Jr.: Yes, Downey Jr. acted the super hit character of Tony Stark in MCU. However, in contrast to his superhero role, Robert played the part of a government official in U.S. Marshals. And the point to be noted here is that the official transpires as a villain later.
9. Benedict Cumberbatch as a Stark Trek Villain: Yes, he is the same actor who played the role of the superhero, Doctor Strange.
Some other artists, including Brie Larson and many more, have played similar roles in the MCU and the other films. No doubt, MCU chooses its cast members wisely.