For those who are unaware, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is an American police procedural sitcom television series. There are 8 seasons of this show, and they have released the final 8th season recently. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of the funniest sitcoms and is has an IMDB rating of 8.4. In addition, the Brooklyn Nine-Nine series is full of scenes that directly jump into the story at the beginning of the show. So here is a list of the Best Cold Opens of Brooklyn 99.
1. Starting with the one where Jake Peralta accidentally calls Holt “dad.”
2. This scene is the one in which Sergeant Peanut Butter outdoes the significant award given to Boyle.
3. That’s the one where Boyle got a big Dianne Wiest infection.
4. In Season 1, Episode 21, Captain Holt reveals to Jake that he has mastered oopsie doodle.
5. In Season 5, Episode 7, Jake and the suspect lineup sing “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys.
6. During the Captain Holt impersonation contest, Boyle hits the nail on the head.
7. Season 1 Episode 7 is where the squad wagers on why Amy is late to work for the first time.
8. Holt breaks into Jake and Amy’s bedroom in preparation for the annual Halloween Heist.
9. Hilarious was Boyle’s role as a turkey holding the sad news while dressed for Thanksgiving at the time.
10. Jake gets caught slipping across the entire cage during the night shift, but Captain Holt accidentally gets hit coming up the elevator.
11. In the episode where Amy breaks Holt’s no-gift rule by leaving an unidentifiable gift box on his desk. He mistakenly believes it to be a bomb.
12. As punishment for Jake being late, Captain Holt devises the legendary handshake with the rest of the officers.
13. When Boyle and Terry both show up to work wearing the same outfit, the Cold Open was one of the funniest.
14. During a drug bust, Jake brings a tarantula into work, only to have it go missing and end upon arachnophobic Terry’s head.
15. A scene in which Captain Holt diffuses a tense situation by the art of dance-off. However, Jake is unable to record it.
16. Boyle wakes up from this dream when Jake returns from prison. Then a depressed Boyle wonders what has happened to him.
17. In one episode, Captain Holt’s podium was moved half an inch to the left due to a prank played by the precinct on him.
18. Season 6, Episode 11, the Nine-Nine celebrates the Boyle bullpen bottle bowling with a babushka.
19. Season 6, Episode 2, is where a flashback reveals Hitchcock and Scully used to be HOT!
20. Boyle arrives wearing the same haircut 30 seconds later after the group stages an intervention for Jake about his frosted tips.
21. During a conversation about the detectives’ earliest arrests, Boyle confessed to sleeping with a woman who was 68 years old when he was 20.
22. Jake is locked in a room with a suspect. He gets panicky. Consequently, the suspect confesses his crime.
23. The one where Captain Holt Splatters Minestrone on his pants and Jake Peralta finds it.
So here are some Best Cold Opens of Brooklyn 99. Let us know in the comment section which Cold Open was your favorite. Also, tell us if we missed any.