Chris Hemsworth reprises his role as Tyler Rake in his upcoming Extraction 2, but could he already be considering a third installment?
Despite the fact that the 39-year-old actor is rapidly rising on the Hollywood charts, he has his own fair share of preferences when it comes to films. Just like the other actors, as well. Celebrities don’t always agree with what the media says, and actors are no exception.
He was, at times, compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger since it’s reasonable for ‘action’ stars to get compared when they are in the entertainment industry. But the Thor actor found this extremely upsetting. He admitted that when he learned of the comparison, he was deeply disappointed. In fact, the actor did not hold back when expressing his anger over a statement made in his earlier interviews.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, and his movies became timeless classics that everyone seemed to like. He is having a great year so far in 2023. His eagerly anticipated Netflix series, FUBAR premiered on May 25.
Hemsworth, on the other hand, is a good competitor as well. If the Extraction 2 actor has his way, Tyler Rake’s ongoing adventures won’t come to an end with this sequel. That means its threequel is in the making as well.
Chris Hemsworth Will Return as Hollywood’s Next Action Icon
Chris Hemsworth, an action star, will soon make a comeback as the black ops mercenary, Tyler Rake in the eagerly awaited Extraction 2. Despite the fact that Hemsworth thinks it must be exhausting to fight countless bad guys and shoot one-take action scenes, the Marvel star is eager to return for Extraction 3.
Sam Hargrave, who made his feature film directorial debut with 2020’s Extraction, said that while Extraction 2 has not yet made its Netflix debut, work is already underway on a third movie. In an interview with BroBible’s Post-Credit Podcast, Hargrave stated that a third installment in the series will be approved if the upcoming sequel is “well received” by viewers.
“We’re kind of waiting to see how the second movie is received.”
Hargrave further stated:
“Fingers crossed, if people enjoy the second one, there already is — and this is without spoiling anything — but there is a story in development for a third movie in the works. What it is exactly, I can’t say right now, but I believe there is another adventure in the wind for Tyler Rake.”
It seems his ambition to replace Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hollywood’s next action icon appears to be about to come true.
Hemsworth will appear in Extraction 2 on Netflix, starring alongside Golshifteh Farahani, Adam Bessa, Olga Kurylenko, Daniel Bernhardt, and Tinatin Dalakishvili. Netflix is currently streaming the first movie.
Chris Hemsworth Has Already Set His Sights on Extraction 3
Having recently announced Chris Hemsworth’s intention to take a break from acting in order to spend more time with his family, Sam Hargrave also talked about the Marvel actor’s current status. Hargrave claimed that he is open to a third Extraction movie as soon as Hemsworth is prepared.
To quote him:
“He [Chris Hemsworth] is taking a step back to spend more time with family because he is a family man and that’s very important to him, and enjoy the life that he’s earned. But the desire to take this character as far as it can go, and the fact that he has a franchise outside of the Marvel universe I think are two things that are very enticing to Chris.”
Well, in his previous interview, Hemsworth told Total Film that he is eager to return for more and carry out what will undoubtedly be another action-packed Extraction.
The Spiderhead actor sounds ecstatic to be heading up another franchise outside of the MCU as he hypes up the sequel.
The release day for Extraction 2 is set for June 16, 2023, on Netflix.
Source- BroBible’s Post-Credit Podcast