Paramount Pictures are working on a Dungeons & Dragons film, which is currently without a director, and sources close to FandomWire have unveiled information on the characters.
- Raven Hightower is one of the lead males as he is in 88 scenes. He has dark eyes, long hair and a beard and he wears an oiled cloak, leather armour and wields a magic flamesword. He is an honorable man as he and his sister were once slaves but she died and he is still haunted by her passing.
- Hack Karroway is another lead male, having a gigantic 77 scenes, but he is a voice-over character. He is a former human turned Half-Dragon, now standing seven feet tall with a long tail and blood-red scales. He wears human armor and has a large bastard sword and can breathe fire. He’s intelligent and logical.
- Otivan Trickfoot is a strong support male with 51 scenes and he’s a gnome who wears magic rings. He is cunning and untrustworthy.
- Alyssa Steelsong is a strong support female with 41 scenes. She is the leader of the masked warriors and wields a mace. She is next in line to be the Lord Protector of the Triadic Knights after Palarandusk dies.
- Malanthius is a supporting male with 26 scenes. He is skinny, longhaired and young and he is a spellcaster.
- Razer Horlbar is a supporting male with 14 scenes. He is a handsome elf with jet-black skin and has pointed ears and long white hair. He is the leader of the cloaked men and is in charge of Damaia and The Beast.
- Damaia is a supporting female with 10 scenes. She is a Tiefling, a race descended from demons. She has horns, pointed teeth and a long tail.
- The Beast is a supporting male with 9 scenes and he is a huge, cloaked man who wears an expressionless wooden mask.
- Bickety is a supporting male with 9 scenes, he is a human swordsman with a scar-ridden face and he is an adventurer.
- Zanril is a supporting male with 9 scenes. He is a bald warlock adventurer who explores the Demon Temples with Karroway and Hightower.
- Skeever is a supporting male with 7 scenes and he is a half-orc adventurer.
- Palarandusk is supporting male with only 3 scenes. He is an ancient gold dragon and Lord Protector of the Triadic Knights. He has cracked scales and dangling spines with catfish whiskers. He eats gemstones to stay alive.
What is ‘Dungeons & Dragons’?
Dungeons & Dragons is a tabletop role-playing game that released in 1974 and, to this day, it retains a fairly sizable player base as enthusiasts still delve into the roleplay-rich experience.
For the uninitiated, each game has a set of players who make their own characters and every game has a dungeon master who takes charge with their own created story or a pre-made adventure.
What will it be about?
The synopsis states that the film is a “Fantasy adventure centering on a warrior and his band of mystical creatures as they embark on a dangerous journey to find a mythical treasure.”
The script has a brand new draft with Michael Gillio rewriting Johnson’s work but this new piece has the studio executives “absolutely buzzing” and so things are looking good. Hopefully, it’s a step above the original 2000 film.
Who is working on the film?
Currently, nobody has been cast for any of the roles mentioned and there is no director but Chris McKay is in talks. There is a writer in the previously mentioned Michael Gillio and there are executive producers as Allan Zeman and John Middleton are filling that role.
Whilst nobody has been cast, Paramount is looking for the movie’s male lead, with a list of actors including Will Smith, Josh Brolin, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Matthew McConaughey, Jamie Foxx, Joel Edgerton, Dave Bautista, Jeremy Renner, and Johnny Depp.
Paramount Pictures are the studio behind this adaptation but it is also being produced by Allspark Pictures, Hasbro, Inc., Vertigo Entertainment and Sweetpea Entertainment.
Do you think that a Dungeons & Dragons adaptation can work? What do you want to see from the film? Let us know all your thoughts in the comments below!