After giving back-to-back blockbuster performances at the box office, Jonathan Majors got into some bad light after he was arrested for assault and harassment in New York. The arrest and the charges against the Marvel star led many to come out with claims that the 33-year-old actor always had problematic behavior. His presence in Marvel Cinematic Universe also became a topic of discussion, as netizens discussed why the studio needed to drop the Ant-Man actor.
Rumors about his MCU exit did circulate after insiders revealed that the studio could recast him. However, Marvel Studios has not said anything about the issue so far. But a new promotional video for the Ant-Man threequel appears to hint that Marvel might not be planning to recast Kang the Conqueror.
Read More: “There’s this taint around his name now”: Jonathan Majors Will Always Be Seen as Guilty Even if He’s Proven Innocent on Assault Allegations, Says Insider Jeff Sneider
Jonathan Majors Seen in the Ant-Man Promotional Video
Marvel Studios released a new trailer promoting the digital release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Along with the stars of the Ant-Man franchise, the trailer also features the main antagonist of the film Kang the Conqueror, portrayed by Jonathan Majors.
A quick sequence also features the words “A new dynasty begins,” most likely referring to the upcoming Avengers film, The Kang Dynasty, and Secret Wars, which are expected to feature him in a prominent role. Considering the studio decided to include the Creed III actor in the promotional clip, it is assumed that the studio might continue with Majors as Kang in the future as well.
Ant-Man is BIGGER than ever. Buy Marvel Studios' #AntManAndTheWaspQuantumania only on Digital now, with over 2 hours of bonus extras. https://t.co/dCAGoBsrAM pic.twitter.com/eJln5U3oaq
— Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (@AntMan) April 18, 2023
Majors has lost a number of brand deals along with his management and PR company amid his arrest controversy. The studio might also not plan to discontinue the actor as it could have multiple consequences for the MCU. Marvel has not said anything regarding his arrest controversy so far.
Read More: “It was another variant your honor”: Internet Trolls Jonathan Majors as Lawyer Claims Victim Injuries a “Complete Lie”
Jonathan Majors Arrest Controversy
On March 25th, news broke out that the Marvel star Jonathan Majors had been arrested for assault and harassment of a 30-year-old woman. The victim was alleged to be his girlfriend at the time but was later described as a woman he knew. The NYPD called the incident a “domestic dispute,” saying that the victim had minor injuries on her head and neck.
The following day his attorney, Priya Chaudhry, claimed that the Loki actor was “completely innocent” and he was “probably the victim” in the whole scenario. She also said that they have video footage and witness testimony from the car and its driver, respectively, along with the two written statements and texts between him and the victim, in favor of the actor.
“We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently,” she said. Following his arrest, the US Army pulled down the advertising campaign featuring the Hostiles actor. His management and PR company also cut their ties with the actor, leading him to lose several of his projects.
The projects Majors lost reportedly include a series of ads for the Texas Rangers, a film named The Man in the Basement, and an unannounced Otis Redding biopic. There are also speculations that he could lose more projects in the future, along with his upcoming Marvel projects.
Recent developments claim that multiple alleged victims of the Gully actor have come forward after his arrest in March. According to Variety, multiple alleged abuse victims have come forward and are cooperating with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. Jonathan Majors’ court appearance is scheduled to take place on May 8.
Read More: ‘You recast Edward Norton’s Hulk, you can recast Kang’: Fans Reveal MCU’s Long History With Sudden Recasts Proves Jonathan Majors is Replaceable