A huge dark cloud of controversy is still circling over Jonathan Majors’ head after his arrest in New York on March 25 on charges of strangulation, assault, and harassment of a 30-year-old woman. His arrest has stirred controversy and huge backlash from fans all over the world. Amid the controversy, a new Variety report states that Majors is one of the highest-paid actors in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far.
Also read: “Hollywood is about to destroy Jonathan Majors”: Kang Actor Branded as Ezra Miller of MCU After Risking Entire Phase 5 Production With His Arrest
MCU’s Highest Paid Actor and Salary Comparision
Jonathan Majors’ $20 million deal for Avengers: The Kang Dynasty will make him MCU’s one of the highest paid actors so far. He has also signed to appear in Avengers: Secret Wars, reprising his role as Kang which is set to release in 2026. However, salary details for the sixth Agenger movie are yet to be disclosed.
As the main antagonist, Tom Hiddleston earned 800k for playing Loki in The Avengers while Josh Brolin received $5-6 million each for his role as Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Other than villains, Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. collected $75 million in the Avengers: Endgame to be the highest-paid actor in the MCU.
Scarlett Johansson and Chris Hemsworth charged $20 million for Black Widow and Love and Thunder respectively. Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and Jeremy Renner were paid $15 million each for Avengers: Endgame while Paul Rudd received $8 million. Doctor Strange actor Benedict Cumberbatch was paid $6.4 million for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Brie Larson and Chris Pratt collected $5 million each for Captain Marvel and Avengers: Infinity War respectively.
Also read: Jonathan Majors’ Gruelling Efforts to Make His MCU Debut as Kang Might Be Ruined Amid Rumors of Marvel Replacing Him With a “Young Actor” Following His Arrest
The Jonathan Majors Controversy
Following his arrest in New York, many alleged victims of Majors’ abuse came out to cooperate with the Manhattan District Attorney. Major was also charged with domestic violence in March but he maintained his innocence. After the arrest, a representative for the actor responded to the Associated Press saying that the actor had done “nothing wrong.”
Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudry said he is “probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows.” As per reports, Jonathan Majors is scheduled to appear in court on May 8. However, it’s too soon to confirm whether the case will go to trial. Prosecutor David Henderson told The Cut that “nothing significant” is likely to happen at the upcoming hearing.
Also read: “We have provided irrefutable evidence”: Jonathan Majors’ Lawyer Confident Ant-Man 3 Star Will Be Proved Innocent as Marvel Looks Likely to Drop Actor in Future
How the Controversy Affects Jonathan Majors?
Considering Majors’ $20 million payday, it is safe to assume that his role as Kang will be at the forefront in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, as the main antagonist of the film. But if the controversy is fueled further, the studio may consider a replacement for him in light of recent events. So far, there is no conversation regarding the replacement. He is set to reprise his role as Kang the Conqueror in the second season of Loki, which is expected to release in the summer of 2023.
Following his arrest, Majors has lost several film roles that include Otis Redding’s biopic and an upcoming film adaptation of Walter Mosley’s novel The Man in My Basement.
Also read: Jonathan Majors’ Future Dubious at Marvel, Might Not Return as Kang After Talent Manager Drops Actor Due to Assault Allegations
Source: The Direct