Ever since Luca is out, the movie has captured millions of hearts. Right from the story, the most adorable characters and the most beautiful Luca shots and animation is everything we all need. There is nothing a spectator can complain about in the movie. That being said, the shots and animation have perfectly captured the Italian picturesque village Riviera and is truly bliss in this pandemic. This is why we decided to make a list of beautiful Luca shots that prove it deserves an Oscar.
1. Movies’ opening scenes always talk more about the movie than we think. They set a central theme and give the audience an idea about what to expect the film to be about. And Luca’s opening scenes are terrific.
2. Right at the beginning, they have introduced sea monsters as scary beings and someone who is a foe for the humans. After which, they introduced the cute little sea monster- Luca. The detailing of the characters is extraordinarily subtle.
3. After Luca was introduced in the film; we got a glimpse of his underwater home. The scene brings nothing but awe from the audience. It is perfectly depicted, and I don’t think our imaginations of undersea homes would be any different than this.
4. The shot where Luca transforms into a human version of himself is brilliant animation. We know from there the story begins.
4. Speaking of transformation, the glimpses of the cute little sea monsters once in a while in the entire movie are both fun and brilliant—especially the one where they are at when they are at their friend’s place.
5. Small and realistic details from the movie, especially those around the two sea monsters, cannot be any better. Like this one where we see Alberto underwater:
6. Before coming to land in his human disguise, Luca is sent to live with his Uncle Ugo. There the scenes show the even deeper parts of the ocean. The interaction between the two is hilarious.
7. The shot where Luca is approaching the surface, and the light cuts through the water, making it all sparkly. The scene is exceptionally detailed and also probably the best one.
8. Luca’s daydreams about riding Vespa and seeing the world are so cute, and they cleverly distinguished the two, reality and dreams, by making it more like a cartoon.
9. Alberto and Luca’s hideout is a beautiful scene. The trees, leaves, and even the grass, everything looks so natural. Kudos to the makers!
10. The scenes in Portorosso when Alberto shows Luca around are the perfect depiction of the village and the Italian culture. The details and the beauty of the streets and Luca’s reaction after watching humans for the first time are amazing.
11. The list just cannot leave out the scene where Alberto and Luca are watching the sunset together. The scene is absolutely picture-perfect.
12. The details on the characters cannot go unnoticed, like the knit hat on Giulia’s head, Massimo’s mustache and the scar on his face, his sweater, all so perfect!
13. Talking about textures and details, Pixar has nailed the pebbles, waves, and shot where the two friends are working at the shore in the afternoon.
If these beautiful Luca shots doesn’t compel you enough to watch the film, then I don’t know what will. It is a masterpiece and such a beautiful experience.