Once again, Harrison Ford introduces the audience to Indy, Spielberg, and George Lucas in a prequel – Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Temple of Doom has a remarkably darker tone than its predecessor, which helped to provide a refreshing change of pace. In addition, many scenes from the movie raise the bar high set by its predecessor, The Raiders of Lost Ark, which still ranks as a timeless action masterpiece. For example, Indiana Jones has heroic scenes in dealing with his enemies, be it from sadistic cultists and saving the child slaves or surviving a plane crash without a parachute to cutting the bridge’s rope standing in the middle of it.
These scenes have made Temple of Doom a memorable film that is worth watching multiple times. For all Indiana Jones fans, below are some of the impressive and breathtaking feats from one of the darkest Indiana Jones movies – Temple of Doom.
1. The scene where Indy jumps out of a plane crash in an inflatable life raft.
Indy escapes Lao Chi in an airplane but at night gets in trouble when all the pilots jump from the plane. So, he decides to use the lift raft and rides it out of the airplane in snowy mountains. This jaw-dropping stunt indicates the sequel raising high stakes.
2. When Indy escapes the Thuggee cult, which brainwashes him to do their sadistic bidding:
In the darkest stretch of Temple of Doom, the cult captures Indy and traps Willie in a cage in a sacrificial pit. But thankfully, Short Round escapes from captivity and saves Indy and Willie. It was a delight to see heroic Indy back in his fighting form.
3. Indy kills a hulking slave overseer with a rock crusher during the climactic set-piece in the Temple of Doom.
This scene helps in efficiently showcasing Indy’s resourcefulness. Indy might not be the strongest hero, but he’s the smartest one as he uses whatever tools at his disposal to achieve victory.
4. The most memorable Indiana Jones villain death includes Mola Ram being fed to many crocodiles.
When Indy makes the Shankara stone fall in the ocean below the bridge and in the desperate attempt to catch the stone, Mola Ram falls from the bridge and is devoured by a bask of crocodiles. This was a pretty lousy way to go.
5. The most iconic sequence in Temple of Doom includes Indiana trying to slow down and stop the mine cart.
It’s a literal embodiment of the Indiana Jones franchise. He has to climb out in the front of the cart with his feet pressed against the wheels to slow it down.
6. The most heroic action of Indiana Jones is when he frees all the child slaves.
This scene makes the Temple of Doom the darkest Indy movie so far. And the most thrilling moment for the fans is when those free children meet their happy parents.
7. In Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones starts cutting the ropes and holding the bridge up from the enemies.
This scene is considered the bravest and boldest move by Indiana Jones as the water below is filled with crocodiles. But Indy, with his whip and intelligence, can always figure a way out.
Also, watch the teaser trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home here: