The relationship between Thor and Loki is considered one of the most complicated relationships in all of comics. Even the movies have highlighted this time and again. Both of them hope for the best from each other, but it’s hard for them to relate to one another. However, after six great episodes, Loki has solidified his position as one of the favorites among the MCU characters. The series has provided a lot of insight into Loki, with fans learning more about him. The differences between Loki and Thor define them, sharing some same abilities, yet they are incredibly different. The MCU fans have always been waiting for Thor vs. Loki, as a true fan must know the reality. There are many things that Thor can do, but Loki can’t. But there are also several things that Loki can but Thor can’t. Below for MCU fans, we present Thor vs Loki, ten things that Loki, God of Mischief, can do, but Thor, God of Thunder, can’t.
1. Loki is gifted with a silver tongue, known for his clever linguistic skills in Asgard, and can easily manipulate people like he did Thor into attacking Jotunheim.
2. If Loki wants, he can take the icy throne being an adopted son of Odin, as he’s the actual real heir to the throne of Jotunheim. While Thor has no chance of ruling Jothunheim until and unless he takes a page from Odin’s playbook.
3. When a Frost Giant touches Loki in Jotunheim, he temporarily turns blue, while Thor would likely get frostbite from a Frost Giant.
4. Thor relies on brute strength, whereas Loki is known for various magical powers, depending on tricks and mental manipulation to defeat foes.
5. Loki has found several secret passageways that interconnect Nine Realms and beyond, while Thor never actually tried.
6. In the Loki series, Loki has shown some impressive feats of Telekinesis.
Though Telekinesis was first shown in Thor: The Dark World, Mjolnir and Stormbreaker won’t count, as it’s not the ability of Thor, but those are the properties of the weapon.
7. Loki has magic powers involving illusion projection abilities that he might have learned from Frigga, whereas Thor is certainly not capable of any such abilities.
8. Loki often uses his power of illusion casting to trick his enemies; however, Thor is strong enough to destroy all Loki’s duplicates.
9. Loki was unaware of his power of enchantment until he used this skill to subdue the temporal beast Alioth.
Since it’s a powerful form of magic and Thor never learned magic, Thor probably has no idea about it.
10. Loki has traveled in vast expanses of the universe, as he is the first MCU alum and to find his way into and experience the TVA.