There are so many movies and TV shows that have spent thousands of dollars on aging-deaging their characters. However, some makers are too lazy to make these efforts. They end up portraying their characters aging super fast, super slow, not at all which makes it utterly ridiculous.
Here are 17 times movies and TV show makers messed up their character’s ages/aging process:
1. The timeline of Peter Pan 1 and 2 were set nearly 40 years apart but Wendy doesn’t age enough
2. In Beauty and the Beast, the beast was supposed to be 11 in the first photo and 21 in the other. However, they look identical.
3. His mother dies and Jenny ages but Forrest doesn’t seem to change appearance in Forrest Gump after he turns 16.
4. Emily in Emily in Paris was 22, implying that she was only 9 when Gossip Girl (her and her friends’ “favorite show” began airing) and she somehow skipped years of work experience to get the job she had.
5. Belle aged from 5 to 15 in a span of a year on Days of Our Lives.
6. P.T Barnum’s daughters seem to not age at all in The Greatest Showman.
7. Sammy the labrador in Revenge was given to Emily as a puppy. However, we see him 20 years later with Jack. An average lab has a 10 – 12 years lifespan.
8. Joey despite being established as the youngest of the group turns 31 before Rachel even turns 30.
9. Dumbledore appears as a handsome young man in his 40s when portrayed by Jude Law in Fantastic Beasts, but turns so grey in 10 years when he visits young Tom Riddle
10. In Star Wars, Obi-Wan Kenobi turns so old in 19 years, he seems like he’s gonna need a stick to walk.
11. Howard Stark doesn’t seem to age in the Marvel Cinematic Universe if his Captain America: The First Avenger and Endgame appearances are compared.
12. Peggy Carter appears the same in the time travel scene in Avengers: Endgame as she did in Captain America: The First Avenger.
13. In Les Misérables, Cosette is first shown as a little kid in 1823, but nine years later turns into a fully grown adult.
14. In Harry Potter, James and Lily appear to be middle-aged every time we see them. However, they died at age 21.
15. Snape, Sirius, and Lupin are way too old to have gone to school with Lily and James.
16. Right after Jo and Alaric’s twins are born in The Vampire Diaries, the show takes a three-year time jump. However, after the time jump, the twins seem to be at least 6.
17. Kaitlin Cooper vanishes after the first season of The O.C., and returns as a much-aged person 3 seasons later
Which other character do you think aged ridiculously on TV shows and movies? Share with us in the comment section!