Elizabeth Olsen is one of the finest actors. Her performance in The Avengers was commendable even though she did not have much screen time. Elizabeth Olsen had everyone in tears by the end of the series, WandaVision. The WandaVision series let Elizabeth Olsen showcase how capable she is. Such marvelous performance definitely deserves an award. We can now say that Wanda is in the running for the “Best Avenger”
Here are some moments that prove why Wanda aka Elizabeth Olsen deserves an award.
Major Spoiler Alert for every episode of WandaVision!
- During dinner with Mr. Hart. In the very first episode of Wanda Vision where Vision’s Boss Mr. Hart and his wife visit them for dinner, Mr. Hart is choking and Wanda gives Vision permission to save him.
- In the second episode, when a S.W.O.R.D. agent enters the hex and is about to ruin the perfect world of Wanda. She decided that she won’t let him ruin it and says NO.
- The time when Wanda looked so heartbroken when Vision mentioned that something was wrong with Westview. It was the first time Vision realizing that this might not be real.
- When Wanda remembers about her twin brother Pietro. It is the very first time she mentions her twin after his death.
- When Wanda is reminded of how her twin died, her expression changes completely. As if she didn’t know how he died in the first place. She is so shocked to hear Monica/Geraldine mention that he was killed by Ultron.
- And then when Wanda realized that something is wrong with Monica/Geraldine, she does her classic Wanda Maximoff head tilt which indicates that something is about to go wrong.
- The way Wanda blasts off Monica when she realized that she is a stranger. The dialogues, the pure and raw emotions that were delivered by Elizabeth were commendable. Wanda says,” You are not my neighbor. And you are definitely not my friend. You are a stranger and an outsider. And right now you are trespassing here. And I want you to leave.”
- The moment when Wanda saw Vision’s dead body. Vision says that we don’t have to stay here and they could go wherever they want. While Wanda replies,” No, we cant.”
- When Wanda emerges from the Hex for the first time since she created it. She warns Hayward to stay out of the home. She said you don’t bother me, I won’t bother you.
- When Wanda and Vision get into a fight. Vision blames Wanda for all the happenings in Westview. And Wanda claims that she doesn’t know how all of this started in the first place.
- And when Wanda tries to explain to Vision that she didn’t do any of it but suddenly realizes that he doesn’t believe her.
- During the Halloween episode when she tells Pietro how alone she felt, that she only remembers being completely alone. Endless Nothingness.
- When Billy comes running and tells Wanda that he could hear something is wrong with Vision. She froze everyone and expands the borders of the Hex.
- When Wanda imitated Clair Dunphy from Modern Family. Didn’t we all fell in love with her all over again?
- When Monica explains how Hayward is trying to make Wanda the villain of everything and Wanda just replies,” Maybe I already am.”
- When Agnes revealed that she is not their friendly neighbor Agnes, but Agatha. Wanda’s face had so many emotions without any dialogues. It was just heartbreaking.
- The flashbacks where we saw Wanda was being experimented on using Loki’s scepter/ Mind Stone. The look that Elizabeth has created for it was so real.
- The moment in the flashback when Wanda explains her grief to Vision just after the death of her twin. She says,” It’s just like this wave washing over me, again and again. It knocks me down and when I try to stand up…. It just comes for me again. It’s just gonna drown me.”
- And then when present-day Wanda saw the conversation again, she breaks down. I am sure every one of us shed a tear during this scene. We truly understand the depth of Wanda’s loss.
- The way Wanda walks through the doors of S.W.O.R.D. Like she owns the place.
- When Wanda sees that Haywards people are dismantling Visions body. She just keeps staring at the dead body and says,” Stop it. Stop it. He’s all I have.” While a lone tear trickles down her cheek.
- When she couldn’t feel Vision anymore and she said those lines again which broke our hearts in the Infinity War as well. “I can’t feel you” except this time it is much worse.
- When Wanda visits the place which Vision had purchased, for them to grow old together. Wanda visits that plot and just breaks down. This has to be the most emotional scene of all as there was a possibility of a happy future.
- When Agatha explains Wanda what a Scarlet Witch is. She tells Wanda that a Scarlet Witch is not born she is forged. And then Wanda says, “I am not what you think I am.”
- When Wanda finally gets to know that all the residents of Westview could feel her grief. And that they just wanted to be left alone, she feels guilty. She looks devastated on hearing all this as she never wanted to hurt anyone.
- When Wanda was finally reunited with her sons and Vision after she thought she lost them. We can see how happy she is to see them and is not ready to lose them at all.
- When Wanda traps Agatha by casting the Runes, which Agatha had told her. She tells Agatha that, “I don’t need you to tell me who I am.”
- When Wanda finally transforms into her Scarlet Witch outfit. After years of waiting for this moment, Elizabeth made everything worth it.
- When it was time to say goodbye. Wanda thanked her sons for choosing her to be their mom. These were the last words to her sons.
- In the last conversation, Vision asks Wanda what is he made of? And Wanda says, “You, Vision, are the piece of the Mind Stone that lives within me. You are a body of wires and blood and bone that I created. You are my sadness and my hope. But mostly, you’re my love.”
- And finally, in the last words of the WandaVision series, Wanda tells Vision that they would say hello again.
WandaVision has won many hearts so has Elizabeth Olsen. Hope we get WandaVision season 2 soon.