For some bizarre reasons, these actors don’t keep their awards at normal places inside their houses. Take a look at 15 celebs who keep their awards at bizarre places:
1. The Oscar that Kate Winslet won for her work as Hanna Schmitz in The Reader is kept in her bathroom. She explained, “The whole point is for everybody to pick it up and go, ‘I’d like to thank my son and my dad’ — and you can always tell when someone has.”
2. Soon after Jamie Foxx won an Academy Award, he gave the accolade to his manager because he did not wish the award to get to his head.
3. When Richard Dreyfuss won an Oscar in 1978, he had just moved to NYC. Since he was scared to leave the award lying around while his apartment was being renovated, he would wrap it in a plain brown wrapper and carry it on the subway to Brooklyn while he doing the theater of Julius Caesar.
4. Nicole Kidman decided to keep her two Emmy Awards in her daughters’ bedrooms and told them “they’re yours.” She revealed that her daughter Sunday said she didn’t want it and told her mom that she will one day earn her own.
5. For years Kevin Costner kept the two Oscars that he won for Best Picture and Best Director for his work in Dances with Wolves in his underwear drawer. He didn’t want anyone to steal them if they visited his house.
6. Even Emma Thompson keeps her two Academy Awards decorated in the bathroom.
7. When Anna Paquin won her Academy Award at the age of 11 she kept it in the back of her closet next to her boots so people won’t call her a braggart.
8. Emma Stone gave her Oscar of Best Actress for her work as Mia Dolan in La La Land to her mom because she said it felt “a little strange” to display it in her own home.
9. When Zendaya went to Atlanta to shoot for Spider-Man: No Way Home, she left her 2020 Emmy award with her mom in LA due to her demanding film schedule. Her mom kept her award for a few months before Zendaya took it to her house.
10. The back of her toilet was the only place that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel star Rachel Brosnahan found to keeps her Emmy and Golden Globe Awards in her cramped New York City apartment.
11. Natalie Portman admits to keeping her Oscar in such random places that she has actually forgotten where it is kept in her house. She hasn’t seen it for a while.
13. Susan Sarandon displays all her awards (including an Oscar) in her bathroom.
14. Cate Blanchett donated her first Oscar Award that she won in 2004 for Best Supporting Actress in The Aviator to an exhibit at the ‘Australian Centre for the Moving Image’ in Melbourne. She kept her second award though.
15. Viola Davis wanted to keep her Academy, Emmy, and Tony Awards in her garage to keep herself humble. However, she currently keeps it in the office that she shares with her husband Julius Tennon