Celebs like to spend spend money on things that poor folks like me can never imagine. Don’t even be surprised if you sus a jealous tone here. Take a look at some really odd things like celebrities like to collect:
1. Although we don’t know who she is but Drake likes to collect Birkin bags for his future wife. He has put the entire collection on display in a two-story closet in his Toronto mansion.
2. Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett has a hobby of collecting horror movie posters. Once, nearly every single room in his house was covered by posters of famous horror movie creatures.
3. Colin Kaepernick had a massive sneaker collection that he ended up giving away. However, that was for a charitable cause. Colin donated all his sneakers to shelters for the homeless and for orphaned children.
4. Mark Wahlberg’s sneaker collection is worth over 100,000 dollars. He owns about 137 pairs and a professional appraisal of 90 of them gave a value of about $100,000.
5. His Holiness the Dalai Lama keeps a collection of about 15 luxury watches. Although much is not known about his collection, it is said that he has two Rolexes and a Patek Philippe pocket watch that he got as a gift from Franklin D. Roosevelt himself.
6. David Bowie was a great admirer of art. He had a collection of over 400 artworks that were valued at over $13 million. He had works by artists like Jean-Michel Basquiat, Damien Hirst, and Marcel Duchamp.
7. Phil Collins was once the proud owner of the world’s largest collection of Alamo artifacts. However, he donated all 200+ items to the actual historic location in San Antonio a few years back. He claims that he will keep buying and donating more.
8. Music artist Rick Springfield has a massive Star Wars figurines collection. It is apparently one of the biggest collections of Star Wars figures in the world. He justifies his love by saying that he has always been a toy freak.
9. Questlove has a collection a huge collection of tens of thousands of vinyl records. He started collecting them when he was just a kid. Today, he buys 10,000 to 20,000 at a time.
10. Drew Barrymore is passionate about collecting dictionaries and she has a pretty big collection. “I just love words,” she said, adding that using an app to look up words makes her sick.
11. Beyonce’s mom, Tina Knowles, like to collect works of art by Black artists. “When my kids were growing up, it was really important to me that they saw images of African-Americans,” she said.
12. Japanese writer Haruki Murakami has a huge collection of about two hundred T-shirts. He put the collection on display and even wrote a book on the subject: “Murakami T: The T-shirts I Love.
13. Johnny Depp is very fond of collecting 1st-edition literature. He owns first-edition books from Jack Kerouac, Dylan Thomas, Arthur Rimbaud, and Edgar Allan Poe.
14. Leonardo DiCaprio is fond of collecting, dinosaur fossils … and more. He also has comic, rare books, and contemporary art collections. The ARTnews magazine has even listed him on a “200 list” of collectors.
15. Peter Jackson is a proud owner of the world’s largest private collection of WWI planes. His collection is so vast, he owns planes you can’t find it anywhere else today.