Our favorite celebrity icons don’t always burn their hard-earned money on partying. It often misses our eyes but certain people in showbiz often do great charitable work. Check out 15 celebs who donated a part of their fortune to the needy:
1. To fight the Flint water crisis, Bruno Mars made a major monetary donation. During a concert in Michigan, he announced that he lent $1 million to victims of the crisis.
2. A proud supporter of the BLM, Jennifer Aniston donated a million dollars to BLM-linked organizations. The list of recipients also featured the US’ largest racial justice organization ‘Color of Change’.
3. To help fight the COVID pandemic, P!nk donated a million dollars. 50% of the proceeds went to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund, and the remaining 50% to the City of Los Angeles Mayor’s Emergency Covid-19 Crisis Fund.
4. The star cast and showrunner of cop comedy ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ donated $100,000 to help people make bail. The proceedings went to the National Bail Fund Network, and the cast also suggested people donated to local bail funds in their area.
5. Back when the COVID-19 pandemic had just begun to cause havoc in the world, Sandra Bullock gave LA health care workers 6,000 KN95 masks. There was a massive shortage of masks and other protective equipment back then.
6. To honor the retired soldiers, Arnold Schwarzenegger gave 25 homes to veteran soldiers. His donation of $250,000 to ‘Village for Vets’ allowed the organization to put up 25 shelters that helped certain veterans to stop sleeping in tent encampments.
7. The organization, ‘Earth Alliance’ run by Leonardo DiCaprio donated a whopping $3 million to fight Australian wildfires. All proceeding of the donations went to support the communities affected by the fires, efforts to fight the fires, and attempts to rescue wildlife.
8. John Legend made donations on behalf of USA gymnasts. They gave $200,000 to the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund in 2018- and that was done on behalf of, as he said, the “Heroic gymnasts of the USA Gymnastics Team.”
9. In order to promote performing arts, Chance the Rapper made a huge donation to Chicago Public Schools. He gave several Schools a million dollars “for arts and enrichment programming.”
10. Alex Trebek’s entire wardrobe was granted to an organization for the homeless. After his demise, all suits and articles of clothing owned by Trebek were given to ‘The Doe Fund’ which made them available for homeless people to wear for job interviews.
11. To help fight the perpetual problem of hunger in Africa, The Weeknd contributed a million dollars. The proceedings mainly went to Ethiopia where two million meals were made available to people caught up in a violent conflict.
12. All earnings that he made from the reshoot of All the Money in the World, Mark Wahlberg donated them for a social cause. The proceeds went to the ‘Time’s Up movement’.
13. Our ‘breathtaking’ Hollywood icon, Keanu Reeves paid for a big celebration for friends, family and co-workers. The getaway party thrown in San Francisco was for the premiere of Matrix Resurrections.
14. & 15. The former power couple, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, or as we knew them as Brangelina, donated over 8 million dollars to help refugees. Through their charity work, the Jolie-Pitt family has made a massive difference in the lives of underprivileged children and led several humanitarian missions.