Everyone has watched teenage movies with lots of romance, friendship, and, not to forget, constant drama. The movies and shows that focus on teenagers never fail to serve the entertainment, but you’ll be surprised to know that all that is shown in the movies and shows are far-fetched from reality. Each and every teenage experience is unique, different, and has very less drama. Keep reading to find out what some of the teenagers have to say about it. Here is a list of 16 times the teenage experience was completely misunderstood by Hollywood.
1. At school, not everyone belongs to a clique. Only a few schools do this.
2. Almost every cheerleader in every movie or book we’ve ever seen or read is a bad person. This is not true and is just a misconception.
3. We aren’t allowed to go investigate a murder on the spur of the moment. A crime novel is the closest we can get.
4. We’re not overly concerned with who’s popular or whether the hottest guy likes us back. We’re more laid-back and prefer to stay in instead of going out.
5. The children in movies and television shows are always stunning! I believe it instills in us the expectation that our schools will be similar, but instead, we get pimples and braces.
6. Why are uniforms so appealing in teen novels and films, but mine is the ugliest item in my closet?
7. It irritates me greatly when characters in books and movies bully other characters because they wear braces or glasses. That is something that no one does. Instead, students make fun of other students for things they have no control over, such as their fashion sense. Because so many children wear braces, it’s more of a “we’re all in this together” mentality.
8. That our lives are full of drama. To be honest, most of us are too preoccupied with school and after-school activities to be concerned about who kissed who behind someone’s back.
9. Not everyone wants to be popular in school, have a romantic relationship, or engage in sexual activity. Most of us have big dreams that we want to realize. There is no Cinderella story or Lara Jean story about teenagers. We don’t do anything but homework and assignments.
10. We’re not always skinny or hot.
11. People, Dress Code. If any girl arrived with her shoulders bared or wearing ripped jeans. It’s either detention or a phone call home to change clothes.
12. I was too preoccupied with staying alive during my senior year of high school, even considering romantic relationships.
13. Yes, we do give sex a lot of thought. It is a recurring topic at our school, though this may not be because we live in a small town where the only things kids do are drugs and sex.
14. Peer pressure is unquestionably real. If you said no in high school, the other person would just keep asking, ‘But why?’
15. Half of the girls at my high school got Starbucks every day, and the wealthier ones would frequently get it for their less well-off friends.
16. Everyone in the movies has a great dream job lined up for their characters. However, every teen has a garage band that becomes famous. I’m in middle school, and most of my classmates have already given up.
Which of these teenage experiences do you relate to? Unfortunately, movies and shows will continue to show unrealistic teenage life. Therefore, it is only wise to watch it for entertainment and not to miss our own teenage experiences.