A single line, a terrifying moment, a drop of silence, or even a good laugh, these all moments can become turning points for a TV show that could’ve been dreary a minute before. TV shows have a larger impact on our lives because we stick with it, religiously, for more than a 3-hour runtime with the movies. We try to relate with the on-screen characters or let their personalities affect us, a healthy give and take, for the most part. But has it ever happened to you that you were told a show or a series is good, but it hasn’t clicked with you yet? But then suddenly you come across *THAT* moment that makes you go, “Oh yes, now I see”? Well, then you’re at the right place. Anyway, heavy spoilers alert! SPOILER WARNING! Here are 20 TV show turning points that turned them from “barely watchable” to “super binge-worthy.”
1. When McNulty and Bunk investigated a crime scene dropping F-bombs in Season 1, the utter gruesomeness of this scene set the pace quite nicely that this is not just another Cop drama.
2. When Patrick Brewer was introduced in Schitt’s Creek
3. When Michael Scott burned his foot on the George Foreman grill claiming he loves the smell of Bacon
4. When Hannibal had kept Miriam alive
5. When Carrie Coon’s character hires a stripper to shoot her point-blank
6. On Breaking Bad, when Skylar is scared of Walt for the first time
7. When Omni-Man killed all the Guardians of The Globe in Episode 1
8. When there was *LITERALLY* money in the Banana Stand
9. David Robert Jones’s first appearance in “In which we meet Mr. Jones”
10. When Ned Stark was beheaded
11. When the Bennett family was introduced
12. Whatever menace happened at the motel in Sundowner
13. When Community took over the Chicken business Goodfellas style
14. When Betty Draper broke in Don Draper’s home office, revealing his true identity.
15. When Dev and Rachel go to Nashville after she broke up with her boyfriend
16. When Eleanor, Chidi, Jason, and Tahani found out, they were in the Bad Place
17. When Lisa on The Simpsons got a substitute teacher who really understood her
18. When Tony ordered a kid’s meal and ate it too.
19. When Rust says someone told him life is a flat circle which was originally said to him by Ledoux
20. When Dale Cooper had his first dream in Twin Peaks
Wow, that was an amazing ride! Do you think we are right with this list? It’s amazing how such moments can become turning points for a TV show, right? Anyway, happy binging!