It’s pretty obvious that if an actor says great lines in a film, they were written intentionally. At times, however, instead of hitting an emotional apex, the dialogue crashes and burns into monumental hilarity.
The dialogues are whole together perceived differently. We’re talking about some of the best movie lines that weren’t written to be funny…but were absolutely hilarious.
1. An unforgettable line Edward said right before leading Bella on a climbing and jumping expedition through the hills in Twilight
2. The scene where Edward showed his skin in the sunlight for the first time to Bella
3. In X-Men, when Storm spoke this victorious line right before defeating Toad which was not really required
4. In Pretty Woman, when Edward and Vivian essentially exchanged weird romantic clichés.
5. When Ivan Drago in Rocky IV says a line which none of us would have ever thought. The least empathetic and obvious thing.
6. In Thor, when the God of Thunder and his dad, Odin, got into a shouting match filled to the brim with wit. Is that you comeback Thor?
7. This unimaginably un-sexy line from 50 Shades of Grey which makes you cringe so hard.
8. Also in Fifty Shades of Grey, when Christian opened up and also just happened to basically say the title of the movie.
9. The most disappointing scene from Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, when the two men ceased fighting and became BFFs because their mothers share the same first name.
10. In Con Air, when Cameron Poe made a looming threat that sounded like it belonged more in a cartoon.
11. When Dalton from Road House refused to take local anesthesia for the dumbest reason ever.
12. In xXx, when Xander Cage really wanted to defeat the bad guys in style.
13. A very disturbing and scarring line from the apocalyptic movie Snowpiercer that is also, frankly, so funny.
14. This famous line from Four Weddings and a Funeral that I don’t hate, but, yeah, I get why so many people recoil.
15. In Robocop, when Lewis was lying in a puddle after having been shot multiple times, and she was way more chill than I would be in that situation.
16. In The Kissing Booth 2, when Elle tried to be flirty but it ended up being so cringeworthy, it’s hard to even read.
17. Anakin’s hilariously stilted response to learning of Padmé’s death in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
18. In Armageddon, when Colonel Willie Sharp said this bananas line to reprimand Rockhound.
19. In Camp Rock, when Mitchie was blown away by the lamest techno-ish music known to humankind.
20. In Jupiter Ascending, when Jupiter, who happened to be a space princess, pleaded with her part-dog love interest.
21. In Predator, when Blain was shot and injured but couldn’t have cared any less as he was short on…time.
So what are your favorite accidentally funny movie lines? Tell us about them in the comments below!