What do you think goes about in the life of a celebrity every day? Interviews? Red Carpet events? They spend the majority of their time on movie sets and recording studios. But saving the lives of ordinary citizens? You might say that’s not a part of their job. You’d be surprised to know that actors have stepped up to the plate when the opportunity presented itself. Action stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, and Harrison Ford have stepped in during real-life crises and saved lives of people in imminent danger.
Just because they play heroic figures and day saviors in films and TV shows doesn’t mean they can’t be real-life heroes. Take a look at 25 celebrities who almost put their own lives at stake to save the life of others. (Good Samaritan Bonus $50)
1. Leonardo DiCaprio once saved a man’s life who was treading water for over 11 hours after falling off a cruise ship. His crew and he spotted the man near the island of Saba and got him on board before handing him off to the Coast Guard
2. Dolly Parton saved her co-star Talia Hill from getting knocked over by a vehicle on the set of‘s “Christmas on the Square.”
3. While filming a scene for the 1988 film “Cocktail,” Tom Cruise saved his costar Elisabeth Shue’s life by preventing her from walking into a helicopter’s spinning blades.
4. Benedict Cumberbatch stopped a Deliveroo agent from getting robbed by four muggers. He apparently jumped into the fight after stopping his Uber and dodged punches to free that man.
5. Tom Hardy chased two thieves who stole a moped and crashed it into a car. He managed to catch one of them and kept him pinned down till the Police arrived.
6. Ryan Gosling saved a woman’s life who was unintentionally walking into oncoming traffic.
7. John Krasinski saved a woman who was swept out by a riptide from drowning. John dived in the Costa Rica water body and got her out.
8. Harrison Ford located and rescued a 13-year-old Boy Scout after he got separated from his troop in Yellowstone National Park He has also saved two hikers who suffered from altitude sickness at the top of Table Mountain in Wyoming and works as an active search-and-rescue pilot
9. Jennifer Lawrence helped a young woman who collapsed on the lawn outside her apartment building in 2012. She stayed by her until the paramedics arrived.
10. Jamie Foxx pulled a man out of a burning car in 2016. Foxx was driving through Moorpark, California when he saw the man’s burning car that had veered off the road into a ditch.
11. In 1996, Tom Cruise was driving by when he saw actress Heloisa Vinhas struck by a car in a hit-and-run situation in Santa Monica. He immediately called 911 and waited with her until the paramedics arrived. On discovering that she was uninsured, Tom even paid her $7,000 medical bill
12. Melissa Errico saved a man’s life who had fallen onto the subway tracks in New York City. With the help of two other good Samaritans, she managed to pull that man up who broke his foot and suffered major cuts on his arm
13. Danny Trejo once pulled over by an accident site where two cars had collided. He immediately rushed and removed a baby who was still strapped into the car seat of one of the vehicles.
14. During the theatre performance of his show ‘Tree’, one of the members of the audience had a seizure. To her rescue came Idris Elba who accompanied her to an ambulance.
15. Tom Holland saved a little girl from getting crushed by fans who were seeking his autograph in 2019. The girl got trapped in the front row behind a barricade against which people were pressing her neck. “I’m literally going to throw your s*** on the floor if you keep pushing that girl,” he told the crowd.
16. Michael Rapaport pinned down a man on his seat who was trying to open the emergency gates of a flying airplane.
17. Zoe Saldana pulled an elderly woman out of a burning car in 2016. She called the paramedics waited with her until they arrived.
18. During a picnic at Taymouth Castle in Scotland, Gerard Butler heard a boy screaming for help. He immediately rushed to the riverbank where he saw a 14-year-old drowning. Butler jumped in and pulled the boy to safety
19. When one of his teammates passed out by falling off his horse during a polo match in 2012, Prince Harry assisted him to safety by helping him breathe properly. The man regained consciousness and was able to finish the match.
20. In 2014, Clint Eastwood was at a golf tournament in California when he noticed the event’s CEO Steve John choking on a piece of cheese. Eastwood immediately performed the Heimlich maneuver and lifted John into the air three times. The piece of cheese was eventually expelled from his mouth.
21. Demi Moore reached out to a Twitter user who was feeling Suicidal. She alerted the police and the user who was a 45-year-old woman was tracked and sent to help.
22. Ken Jeong who was once a licensed physician stopped his stand-up comedy show to treat a woman who was suffering from a seizure
23. Christian Bale who learned a lot about the human heart while prepping for his role of Dick Cheney in Vice was able to ease and help his director Adam McKay during a heart attack on the set.
24. American actor Mark Harmon broke the window of a burning car to rescue two teenage boys who were stuck inside their car after a crash in Los Angeles
25. “The Voice” judge Blake Shelton was driving along in his truck when he noticed a group of people who got stuck in a mud hole in Oklahoma. He got back home and brought his tractor to rescue the group.
Has your life ever been saved by a celebrity? Tell us in the comment section about it!