Looney Tunes were most kids’ favorite part of the day. The characters Warner Bros. gave us were simply a pleasant blessing. The 20th-century animation has stood strong through the test of time, and don’t we still love those familiar faces? They still never fail to bring a grin to our faces. And with Space Jam: A New Legacy, it is evident that these characters are still relevant and loved. For all the Looney Tunes fans, the upcoming movie, Coyote vs. Acme, will bring a smile to your face, and here’s everything we know about it:
1. The film’s plot is based on a really humorous article written by Ian Frazier in The New Yorker. And as the movie’s title suggests, it will have Wile. E Coyote and Road Runner as the lead characters.
2. Work for the movie has been going on for several years now, and until 2020 we had no idea of the movie’s release date. Finally, however, the Chairman of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, Tony Emmerich, announced the date of release as of July 21, 2023. However, unlike all other Warner Bros. creations, Coyote vs. Acme will not be released on HBO Max simultaneously. Instead, it will be a theatrical release with the new movie.
3. Coyote’s chase to catch the Road Runner has never failed to make us laugh. The animation with no conversation between the characters managed to convey every emotion, and that’s the beauty of it. Coyote’s plans and his personality were shared via the wooden signs. We are expecting the same in the upcoming movie too.
4. The movie is about Coyote vs. Acme, the corporation that gives Wile. E Coyote their ill-functioning traps. Since the title says so, we wonder if characters from Acme Corporation will be animated and whether there is a live-action cast. Unfortunately, the details about this are yet to be revealed.
5. While we don’t know the cast, we know who is writing the screenplay. The director of Guardians of The Galaxy, James Gunn, along with Jeremy Slater, Jon Silberman, Josh Silberman, and Samy Burch, is writing the screenplay.
6. Even though the plot hasn’t been revealed yet, if The New Yorker article is an indication, then we will be seeing Wile. E suing the Acme Corporation for all the injuries over the years. We have seen how hard Wile E tries to catch the Road Runner and fill his hungry tummy but ends up getting injured and starving at the end. While this doesn’t sound like the hilarious shorts, it sounds promising, and we may see the two characters take the plot on their shoulders.
We are very excited to see these two characters take the lead in their upcoming movie. Everything we know so far tells us that the movie is going to be hilarious and fun-packed. Are you excited too? Tell us in the comments.