We discuss predictions for the Paramount+ series Lawmen Bass Reeves Season 1 Episode 4, including the release date and where to watch online.
The Lawmen: Bass Reeves episode “Part III” attempts to establish the legendary lawman’s empathy. While waiting for a meeting with Judge Parker, he meets a young teenager who has been arrested. This is an extraordinary episode for Oyelowo, who can deliver a performance that showcases a fully three-dimensional character.
While Bass is a hard-nosed, strict lawman, he understands the young man’s struggles, considering his history of enslavement. The young man was hungry and searching for food. When he located some, the owner of the property he was trespassing on confronted him. To get away, the young man pushed the owner over, causing his death.
Here’s what happened in Lawmen: Bass Reeves Season 1, Episode 4:
- Judge Parker (Donald Sutherland) is the presiding magistrate for Crawford County in Arkansas. Parker interviews Reeves about becoming a U.S. Marshall. After Parker is satisfied, he asks if Reeves brought his bible. Bass hands it to the judge, who admires it because of the bullet hole in the pages. Bass Reeves is then sworn in as a lawman.
- Bass Reeves (David Oyelowo) meets a black teenager who is charged with murder after searching for food. When confronted while trespassing on someone’s property, he pushed the owner, who fell and died. Reeves tries to talk to Judge Parker about the teenager. Bass sees the young man later, who has been badly beaten while in jail.
- Reeves hires Garrett Montgomery (Garrett Hedlund) to be his posseman. Montgomery will accompany Reeves to arrest a man who works for the Underwood gang, Billy Crow (Forrest Goodluck). Reeves arrests Crow. Montgomery attempts to take Crow, leading him to the Underwood gang’s stash of cash and jewelry.
- Reeves intervenes, and immediately after, Montgomery is shot and killed after being ambushed. Reeves defends Crow and kills the group that attempts to kidnap his prisoner. Reeves returns Crow to Crawford Country jail but tells Parker that Crow is a good man but caught in the wrong crowd.
- When Bass returns home, he sees that his wife, Jenny (Lauren E. Banks), has given birth to their child.
Lawmen: Bass Reeves Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Lawmen: Bass Reeves Episode 4 will be released on Paramount+ on Sunday, November 19th, 2023, at 3:01 a.m. ET/12:01 a.m. PT. The episode’s title is “Part IV,” and the runtime of Episode 4 is unknown at the time of this article’s publication.
As mentioned, Lawmen: Bass Reeves can be watched exclusively on Paramount+ with a subscription. The streaming platform has plans as low as $4.99 a month. New streaming customers can get a 7-day free trial or a Walmart+ subscription plan.
Predictions for Lawmen: Bass Reeves Season 1 Episode 4
- Billy Crow will become his new posse man, perhaps even a deputy of Bass Reeves. The question will be what will happen going forward. Will Billy be able to stay loyal to Bass, or will he go back to the Underwood gang? Something tells me he will be a straight arrow from now on.
- Will Bass catch the Underwood gang? The fact that the Underwood loot has still gone unclaimed is troublesome, and the storyline is unresolved. Look for Bass to use the stash (and Billy) to lure the Underwood gang to that location. They will then be arrested.
- Jenny (Lauren E. Banks) has been visiting a local church where a political figure encourages the black community to own their property. The Reeves family is the only family there with owners. Look for this socioeconomic issue to come ahead, endangering the Bass family.