Movies in Hollywood are a dime a dozen. Iconic movies come along now and then. But Iconic Hollywood Movie Moments are rare. They are lines, gestures, scenes that are forever etched into the memory of the viewer. We have compiled some of the most thrilling, scariest, funniest, loving moments of cinema over the last 21 years.
1. Thanos snaps his fingers and devastates the Universe in Avengers: Infinity War. (2018) – 85%:- The directors thought there was no better way to create drama than killing half the characters.
2. Heath Ledgers’ look for The Joker from The Dark Knight. (2008) – 94%: Makeup artist John Caglione Jr recounts how Heath already had his look worked out, and all he needed to do was finish it up.
3. Spiderman’s Upside down Kiss. (2002) – 90% – Tobey Maguire was drowning and uncomfortable because it was raining during the scene’s filming.
4. The Notebook – A Kiss in the rain. (2003) 54%:- It was a spontaneous moment beautifully captured on the camera.
5. Moonlight – Juan teaches Chiron swimming (2016) – 98%:- There was a storm warning. So the crew improvised and recorded the scene in a hurry. However, the results were phenomenal.
6. The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers– Gollum talks to Smeagol (2002) – 95%:- Andy Serkis saw his cat throw up a furball, and that that’s where the concept of Gollum’s voice comes from.
7. Bridesmaids- They all get food poisoning (2011) – 90%:- The makers thought they needed more complex comedy than the original scene had.
8. The Avengers – The scene where the Avengers assemble in New York (2012) – 91%:- The final effects, the background score, and the perfect on-screen timing made it an iconic moment.
9. The Matrix: The Government Lobby Scene (1999) – 88%:- It was a one-take scene!
10. Elf: “Santa, here! I know him!” (2003) – 85%:- It was improvised, heartfelt, and loud!
11. The 40-Year-Old Virgin: The waxing scene (2005) – 85%: there were four cameras and some basic things that had to be there in the location. The rest was shot like a documentary. This is by far the most funniest among the Iconic Hollywood Movie moments!
12. Lord Voldermort and Harry Potter’s deadly duel from Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows -Part 2. (2011) – 96%: – Since the connection between Voldermort and Harry was unusual, they wanted the filming to follow the same route.
13. Sixth Sense: The “I see dead people scene”. (1999) – 86%:- It was morbid and bone-chilling even to record it.
14. Wonder Woman: No man’s land : (2017) – 93%:- It was the moment of transformation- from romantic and hopeful to strong and taking charge.
15. Up- The Opening scene with Ellie and Carl: (2009) – 98%:- It was the moment that made the audience connect to the movie and its characters.
16. Furious: “Cars Don’t Fly” scene (2015) – 82%:- When the cast and crew realized that there was no need to reign in their imaginations!
17. Selma: Marching across the Edmund Pettus Bridge (2014) – 99%:- The idea was to portray the struggle and recreate the historical moment to educate and inform generations to come. This is the most relevant and representative of the Iconic Hollywood movie moments!
18. 28 Days Later – London is deserted (2002) – 87%:- The director used smaller cameras to capture the scene from multiple viewpoints simultaneously.
19. The Blair Witch Project: Heather’s confessional monologue (1999) – 86%:- Eduard Sanchez, Co-Director and Co-writer said that it was like being the conscience of the actors.
20. Moulin Rouge: Satine’s Entry scene : (2001) – 76%:- Nicole Kidman trained with a circus person to do the stage herself.
21. Mad Max: Fury Road: The “Remember me ” scene (2015) – 97%:_ It was a last-minute inclusion by Charlize!