Whether you cried over fictional couples like Jackie and Hyde from That 70’s Show or Rory and Jess from Gilmore Girls, it’s safe to say we’ve all had our hearts broken from ships that should’ve been endgame. Too many jokes about fictional couples are surfacing and we have made of 13 such jokes.
Maybe the protagonist chose the wrong person, the love interest died, or perhaps the plot didn’t let the relationship thrive in the first place. All we know is that it’s a different kind of hurt when people who’re meant to be together are apart.
Here are 13 jokes about fictional couples you’ll get if you’re part of the club!
1. For those of us who enjoy the pain and suffering of doomed couples, here’s one for you:
ships where they don’t end up together ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
— layla (@skaml3ver) April 18, 2021
2. They say “you can’t have everything”
Your ship is either canon endgame or it has really good fanfiction, you can’t have it both ways
— fran (@galacticidiots) June 24, 2021
3. I think this hurts more. Here is something for the fans of fictional couples to think about:
Y’all go on about “right person, wrong time” being the saddest trope but what about “right person, not enough time”
— Emily (@dearestcomrade_) April 15, 2021
4. Thank you, Olivia Rodrigo, for making it clear.
drivers license is for non endgame ships not for endgame ships
— CLOSED (@nvahshaws) January 11, 2021
5. This is always me at the writers when they mess it up every time:
me each time one of my favourite ships gets screwed by the writers pic.twitter.com/I3h9RdlYyh
— ellie (@odairannies) January 25, 2020
6. If you are ever looking for a “Heartbroken Fanfic reader starter pack”, here is something for you.
POV: your ship is not canon pic.twitter.com/XZZc6YKh10
— es / nova (@svrcererspidey) March 16, 2021
7. This is the exact explanation of “the uncalled-for personal attack”. Do you also agree?
non endgame ships just hit different because you become obsessed with them. if a ship is endgame then it's like yeah they got their happily ever after and that chapter is closed. but if it's not then there's daily breakdowns and so many possibilities and you never get over them.
— z was here (@mondlerism) July 16, 2020
only sexy people have unhealthy attachments to non endgame ships
— ‘ (@cassiemichaeI) June 30, 2021
9. This is a bitter and uncomfortable truth about fictional couples:
i might just be a glutton for punishment but i found the more tragic a ship is, the more invested i become in it. give me an otp whose love is doomed, whose happy ending is hard-earned, & make it hurt so bad i turn into a husk of my former self by the end…& that’s it, u got me
— chai ♡ (@proyearner) March 15, 2020
10. This one is for the kids obsessed with couples who should be together but are not:
wait y'all ship canon ships ?? where's the fun ? where's the pain ? where's the never ending hope that they will somehow get together even tho you know the writers hate you
— tina (@sokkanej) August 23, 2020
11. I’ll BRB! I think I’ll be crying my eyes out! Do you also feel this way?
do you have that ship that means the world to you and is truly the best, strongest and most powerful couple you’ve ever shipped but then the writers decided to f it up, rewrite their history and ruin everything to the point you can’t even look back and enjoy it again?
— sharon (@S_Dalmarzabal) January 6, 2020
12. This one is a very accurate representation of my entire friend circle:
once you become moots with people because you both love that non endgame ship It becomes a whole circle of recommending each other the same type of ships that brings nothing but pain and the suffering never ends
— zeynep (@daeIeyalira) July 11, 2021
13. When we say “different kind of hurt”, we actually mean this, because this hurts too.
yes, breakups hurts but have you ever ship two characters that were soulmates and meant to be together but never got the endgame they deserved? THAT HURTS.
— mau (@darklingsaint) February 22, 2021
So, what did you think of these jokes about fictional couples? Did you also find them funny and sad, at the same time? Well, if you did then you are not alone. I felt it too. Tell us if you enjoyed these.