It really doesn’t matter which Disney movies you were raised on, If you’re a Millennial there’s a fair chance you grew up with a steady media diet of content from the house of mouse. It was not just about life, love, good, and evil which the Disney movies taught us about, but it was also the difference between lies and the truth and that good will always prevail over evil.
The classics of our parents’ generation like Cinderella, Snow White, and the Seven Dwarfs, and Sleeping Beauty were well established in pop culture. Later in the 1990s, our beloved Disney hits like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Lion King, and Mulan were released which told different stories for an updated age. However, there have been times when a few things in some Disney movies did not make much sense. Call them slip-ups but the dots just do not connect. Even if you are a hardcore fan, you might have missed these out
Let us not dilly-dally any longer, for we are about to delve into the Disney repository to give you 20 instances from their animated films which made absolutely no sense at all.
1. If you noticed in Cinderella, the spells which the fairy godmother casts disappear at midnight, but the glass slippers remain intact.
2. Prince Charming took up a tedious job up his shoulder when he tried to have every young woman in the country try on the slipper Cinderella left behind. Doesn’t sound quite feasible…
3. If Scar from The Lion King wanted so bad to be the king that he was ready to even kill his family, what stopped him from killing Mufasa years ago? Why did he have to wait for Simba’s birth?
4. The Little Mermaid sure did have a happy ending with Ariel and Eric getting married off, but the mermaid’s just 16?!!
5. Jane and her family in the movie Tarzan are from London. It is them who teach Tarzan English. However, the accent which Tarzan is American.
6. When Snow White arrives at an unknown cottage in the woods, she cleans it. There’s a lot of bad stuff with women in Disney movies — Snow White shines in that regard — but this is laughably bonkers.
7. If Snow White had in the back of her mind that the Queen is trying to get her killed, what in her right mind made her fall asleep on a strangers’ bed in an unknown cottage? You were supposed to be wide-awake Snow White!
8. In Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent gets unnecessarily specific when she curses Aurora. She tells that she would prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die before the sun sets on her 16th birthday.
9. Also, no one tells Aurora about the curse, but it would be so much safer to tell her everything. If she knew, she would never go anywhere near the spindle of a spinning wheel.
10. We get that education is important but Pinocchio goes to school the day after he’s brought to life. He’s a very recently sentient puppet walking to school.
11. Pocahontas’s hair remains flawless while she’s in the middle of a winding spiral.
12. Cinderella’s stepmother sends her off to live in the attic, but no one Cinderella knew beforehand ever checks in on her.
13. When the fairy godmother checks on Cinderella and sees the condition she’s been living in, she decides to give her a prom dress as the first necessity. Better home or money, who?
14. Ariel from The Little Mermaid really loves humans and all that, but she does no research. She has to think to remember the word “street.” So what does she love about humans exactly?
15. In Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip is seen wandering around the forest next to the fairies’ cottage. However, he is from another kingdom, what exactly was he doing there?
16. Prince Phillip kisses Aurora while she’s asleep. Are we never gonna talk about that? CONSENT??
17. Another nonconsensual kiss happens in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Prince kisses Snow White thinking she’s dead, which she wasn’t. She’s was just asleep. But it is messed up either way.
18. The Queen’s request in Snow White was very intense when she demanded the Huntsman to return with Snow White’s heart in a box as proof that she was dead. However, that’s pretty easy to fake.
19. In The Aristocats, Madame Adelaide Bonfamille has the most amazing idea to put in her will in the name of her cats. Yep, her CATS. After they die, the fortune will go to Edgar, but that wasn’t not good enough for him. So he tries to kill the cats to get the money and everything sooner. Jesus Christ, Edgar.
20. Ariel from The Little Mermaid knows how to write. She even signs Ursula’s contract but when it comes to communicating with Eric, she’s suddenly dumb.
Explain to us in the comment section why any of this happens in Disney movies. Also, share with us more bizarre things that you noticed in Disney movies!