James Gunn, who has done ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ movies for Marvel and ‘The Suicide Squad’ for DC, recently opened up about making a crossover movie on DC-Marvel. And we all know how big of a hit ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ was. Besides, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has changed the film industry forever, with shared universes and serialized storytelling now becoming commonplace. And, DC, with its live-action universe, has answered the call. Nevertheless, many reasons ensure James Gunn should direct a DC-Marvel crossover film.
Similarly, there are complications, too, including that Gunn isn’t a big fan of crossovers. Here are the 5 reasons why James Gunn should direct DC-Marvel crossover film and 5 reasons James Gunn shouldn’t.
1. Gunn has already proven himself to be able to produce a crossover film on Marvel-DC comic books. So, it would be justice for both big names in Pop Culture.
The Marvel-DC crossovers contain so many incredible characters in the comics. Unfortunately, some aren’t quite good, so it will be tough for a filmmaker to balance both sides.
2. James’ unique style and strategies might add a different flavor to the heroes of MCU and DCEU Crossover films.
Creators, who people thought won’t work well with their titles, have created comics running successfully to date. So Gunn’s different perspective might serve well in this crossover.
3. Gunn is the only director in Hollywood who has experienced working with both of the companies.
James Gunn is easily one of the best directors since he is the one director who has worked with both franchises. After the success of ‘The Suicide Squad,’ it is evident that he can write DC characters that bring out the best in them.
4. He’s one of the promising directors when it comes to assembling the actual flavor of the original 80’s comics.
Gunn has shown his love by doing an outstanding job with Starro and most of the DC villains.
5. This man loves Marvel and understands how Marvel is different from others.
All of the MCU fans know that Marvel always does things differently. And Gunn comprehends their way since he is someone who has spent a lot of time In MCU.
Now let us look at the 5 reasons why he shouldn’t.
1. Gunn being not perfect for Marvel-DC crossover film, probably is best in specific niches of the MCU.
The thing about GotG movies is that they offer a very distinct flavor to the viewers. Moreover, that flavor often doesn’t blend well with the other parts of Marvel Universe.
2. At times, Gunn’s writing can be irrelevant and doesn’t go well with DC’s A-listers.
Of course, DC always expects to experiment, but putting Gunn at the steer of a movie could launch DC’s most prominent characters.
3. The sense of humor he has to offer might not blend with fans’ expectations from the DC-Marvel crossover film.
However, his unnecessary humor doesn’t work well with characters like Batman or Wonder Woman.
4. The thought of a crossover movie on MCU-DC is a minefield, and Gunn might not be the one who should deal with it.
Blending two specific visual styles through the artistic prism of Gunn’s might not come handful for this kind of project.
5. Gunn’s past with Troma and the decided violence and profanity might make Disney not play with their biggest toys.
If Gunn is attached in some way, they may not want the movie to happen.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Check out our YouTube Channel for more content. In addition, we have attached a link to WONDER WOMAN 1984 BLOOPERS: