Blood & Bone! Murder & Mayhem! Action movies are all about kicks, action, blood & bone. Some of them, literally so! But, what we see on the screen takes a lot of effort behind the scenes.
Here are 13 behind the scenes facts about your favorite action movies. Once you know them, the way you view these movies will change.
1. Black Panther: Michael B Jordan said Daniel Washington’s decision to wear his scarring makeup all the time to connect with his character in Glory(1989) inspired him to do the same while playing Killmonger. He said it helped him connect with and feel the character better.
2. Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom: This movie led to the entire concept of PG-13 and PG-14 ratings. Steven Spielberg and Jack Valenti started this new rating system because they felt that many films were not being watched due to the R-rating. Therefore, the film industry needed an in-between rating system.
3. Quantum Of Solace: Daniel Craig, in an accident, sliced off the tip of his finger! It happened during the filming, and Daniel Craig was very matter-of-fact about it.
4. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: It was an action-packed movie. During the filming, Michelle Yeoh sustained a ligament tear but insisted on doing her stunt sequences.
5. Alien Resurrection (1997): Sigourney Weaver was supposed to shoot an over-the-shoulder basket for the final scene. The special effects team was in place with CGI for the background. But Weaver managed the impossible shot on her first try!
6. John Wick (2014): The movie was initially called Scorn. It was renamed John Wick because Reeves kept referring to it as John Wick in the interviews. The marketing department suggested the change as the name John Wick was already out there!
7. Kill Bill (2003): Quentin Tarantino put the movie on hold because Uma Thurman got pregnant. He refused to recast her because he could not envision the film without Thurman!
8. Birds Of Prey( And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn): Margot Robbie is allergic to chicken eggs. So the delicious sandwich on screen in the movie was an elaborate preparation made from duck eggs.
9. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015): During the filming, a cast that was put over her head pulled out all of Rosie Huntington Whitely’s eyelashes. The cast had got stuck in her eyelashes. It was a harrowing and traumatic beauty fail incident.
10. Die Hard (1988): Sinatra, who was 73, was the first choice to play John McLane, not Bruce Willis! Sinatra played the lead role in The Detective. so he was offered the part of John McLane.
11. Independence Day: Roland Emmerich wanted to release his movie before the Mars Attacks, an August release. So, they titled the movie Independence day and wrote the story and concept around the release date, intending to change the title later.
12. Mission Impossible: Fallout (2013): Henry Cavill did an on-the-spot improvisation for the arm loading scene in the movie. It went unnoticed till the director, Christopher McQuarrie, was editing the scene. Then, they decided to let it be, and it became an iconic scene.
13. Finally, Chris Evans nearly had a superhero cameo in Dead Pool 2 (2018): Writer Rhett Reese said they were brainstorming ideas and concepts for the end credit scenes. One of them was to ask Chris Evans to do a cameo as the Human Torch instead of Captain America!!
Now that you know the behind the scenes tidbits go ahead and watch your favorite action movies once again!