We usually don’t pay attention to who is playing the part of the family members of movies and TV shows. Well, we are here to shed some light on those actors in this article. Whenever you really felt the chemistry of two actors on set. There is a slight chance that the chemistry may be real off-screen as well. The list includes those times when the actors playing a family role were related to the main actor in real life as well.
Here are some of the families that were played by actual relatives:
1. Sylvester Stallone Played In Rocky V (1990) With His Actual Son Sage:
2. Angelina Jolie And Her Father, Jon Voight, Played Lara And Richard Croft In Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
Another “rocky” relation making it on this list. Angelina grew up without her father, who reportedly refused to pay child support and the family had financial issues. The chemistry only really started to form through Angelina’s children. The first time Angelina played Voight’s daughter in a movie was when she was seven years old in Lookin’ To Get Out (1982). It was a small role, but it was her debut role, and also it was Voight’s screenwriting debut. The two of them portrayed father and daughter again in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001).
3. The Wilson Brothers Played The Wright Brothers In Around The World In 80 Days (2004)
They have had their history of showing up in the same movies. Such as Bottle Rocket (1996), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), and Wendell Baker Story (2005). However, they were not brothers in any of these movies yet close enough. For instance, in the first one, they were friends, and in the second, they were neighbors and best friends. In Wendell Baker Story, they are coworkers.
4. Ben Stiller And His Dad, Jerry, Played Father And Son, Eddie And Doc Cantrow, In The Heartbreak Kid (2007)
The comedic father-and-son duo appeared in several other films together: Zoolander (2001), Heavyweights (1995), and Hot Pursuit (1987).
5. Mamie Gummer And Meryl Streep Played Mother And Daughter In Ricki And The Flash (2015)
No matter how well they acted out their roles in the film, in real life, the mother-and-daughter bond is strong. Mamie Gummer even said that even though Meryl Streep seems intimidating to others, she is not struck that way at all.
6. Bruce Willis And His Daughter Rumer Played Jeff And Amanda Talley In Hostage (2005)
7. Miley Cyrus’ Dad Billy Ray Played Her Character’s Father In Hannah Montana TV Show And In The Movie
Although the pair were cute on screen, Billy Ray Cyrus admitted that the show almost destroyed their family. Miley was getting in a lot of scandals and Billy was blaming himself for it and wished that he could have been a better dad.
8. Michael And Autumn Chiklis Play Father And Daughter In The Shield (2002-2008)
It is said that Michael Chiklis taught his daughter the proper etiquettes while on set. Such as how it is important to be there on time and to be kind to everyone who is working together. Autumn Chiklis stated to have felt very lucky and considers her father as a best friend.
9. Siblings John And Joan Cusack Played Brother And Sister In Martian Child (2007)
This wouldn’t be the first time the duo have paired up on-screen together. Their work can be seen in movies such as Class (1983) and High Fidelity (2000).
10. Wanda Ventham And Timothy Carlton, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Parents, Played Sherlock’s Mom And Dad On Sherlock (2010)
The parents are in fact, professional actors and have been cast in many movies. Cumberbatch revealed that they were all quite nervous at first, but eventually they managed the stress and overall he is proud of their performance and said that it was wonderful working with his parents.
11. Spouses Emily Blunt And John Krasinski Played Husband And Wife In A Quiet Place (2018)
Emily Blunt and John Krasinski hadn’t worked together before that year. Emily was hesitant at first due to their real relationship, however, after reading the script, she changed her mind and thought that on the contrary, because they are married, they could portray the relationship and make it feel real to the people watching.
12. Tom Hanks And Colin Hanks Played Father And Son In The Great Buck Howard (2008)
The duo has had their fair share of films in the past as well. Although, this being the most notable. The first time Colin Hanks and his father played in the same movie was in 1996 in That Thing You Do! The Great Buck Howard also had Tom Hanks’ touch as he was the producer and this time Colin had a leading role.
13. Spouses Jennifer Connelly And Paul Bettany Played Wife And Husband In Creation (2009)
The two actors first met on the set of the movie A Beautiful Mind (2001). They were in different relationships at that time, but they later got married in 2003. The couple thought that they would portray the characters Emma Darwin and Charles Darwin well and wouldn’t influence their story because their real relationship was so far from the one in the script.
14. Matthew Perry And John Bennett Perry Played Father And Son In Fools Rush In (1997)
Matthew’s father also appeared in Friends, but this time John Bennett Perry played the father of Rachel Green’s boyfriend Joshua in the episode The One with Rachel’s New Dress (1998).
15. Will Smith And His Son Jaden Played Christopher Gardner Jr. And Chris Gardner In The Pursuit Of Happyness (2006)
This was Jaden’s first big role and it was a success. Will Smith admitted that he was the one that was learning from his kid. Jaden and Will Smith also appeared in After Earth (2013) together. Before The Pursuit Of Happyness, Jaden had a brief appearance with his brother Tray in Men In Black II (2002). Will Smith worked with his daughter Willow Smith as well in the movie I Am Legend (2007).