Movies are our all-time favorite go-to for most events and occasions. Be it a friends’ get-together, or a date night with your favorite person or a family night, there’s a movie for all. And we don’t hesitate to watch our absolute favorites over and over again. Even though the pandemic hit us, movies were here for our rescue. So here we have the 20 highest grossing movies of all time and these are also our favorites.
1. Avatar (2009): The movie has an extraordinary plot and stunning CGI, making it a great movie experience. The movie made $2.85 billion at the box office worldwide.
2. Avengers: Endgame (2019): The movie was one of the most-awaited movies of the year. It broke millions of hearts, but fans would still watch it over and over again (except for the last part, maybe). It made $2.8 billion at the box office worldwide.
3. Titanic (1997): James Cameron’s epic creation from 1997 still tops many peoples’ lists. The movie changed pop culture for years, and we know why. The film made $2.21 billion at the box office.
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015): Yes, the movie didn’t have the perfect CGI, but the movie had everything in ideal amounts. The cast made it even better. The film made $2.06 billion worldwide.
5. Avengers: Infinity War (2018): The movie was a thrilling experience for all the fans. And even with such a huge cast and a longer run-time, it did not change the experience. The movie made $2.05 billion worldwide.
6. Jurassic World (2015): Chris Pratt’s performance in the film is extraordinary and gave him a career boost. The film made $1.67 billion at the box office.
7. The Lion King (2019): We all love Disney’s animated version, and the live-action movie was equally good. The cast and the songs were fun to watch. The movie made $1.65 billion worldwide.
8. Furious 7 (2015): By the seventh installment of the franchise, the stunts had become repetitive and less convincing, yet, the cast’s chemistry had us all. The film made $1.52 billion.
9. The Avengers (2012): This was the movie when we saw Joss Whedon’s excellent directional skills and what potential MCU truly has. After Avengers, MCU became a big part of Hollywood. The film made $1.51 billion.
10. Frozen II (2019): After the first movie was a hit, fans waited for its sequel. The chemistry between the sisters was what made it so wholesome in the first place, and the second movie did hit the brief. The film made $1.45 billion.
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): The movie paved the way to all the other Avengers movies. The action sequences from the movie make it a fun and entertaining watch. It earned $1.40 billion at the box office.
12. Black Panther (2018): The movie came after Civil War, which had already piqued interest in Wakanda and Black Panther’s history. The movie made $1.34 billion.
13. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part II (2011): The movie was the most-awaited by all Potter-heads as it was the last installment in the franchise. The movie made $1.34 billion.
14. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017): The movie made $1.33 billion and is an amazing creation.
15. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018): The movie made $1.31 billion worldwide and is still fans’ favorite.
16. Frozen (2013): The movie has the most adorable characters and won our hearts. The film made $1.27 billion.
17. Beauty and The Beast (2017): Another live-action remake of a Disney animated classic that was loved by many. It made $1.26 billion.
18. Incredibles 2 (2018): Fans waited for a really long time for the sequel to come (and most millennials will agree). It was worth the wait. The movie made $1.24 billion.
19. The Fate of The Furious (2017): The car chase from this franchise isn’t getting old and boring anytime soon. It made $1.23 billion.
20. Iron Man 3 (2013): The movie made $1.21 billion.