Do the teenagers in teen TV series ever attend classes? Do they even have a school? As an expert on teen content, one thing that stands out is how little time these teenagers spend in school! It’s funny how they are called high schoolers but never attend school. They never even have a single notebook in hand. This is a list of TV teen series based on how much time the characters spend in the class. Not at sports practice or quads, but learning.
The criteria for making it to this list is –
The actual time the character spends in high school classes- from freshman to senior year – Not at sports or in the corridors.
So here goes-
1. Outer Banks: It doesn’t seem like there’s a school in this teen TV series at all.
2. Euphoria: These kids are not seen in class but are lost in Euphoria of grass, not to mention other substances. They do walk down the corridors once in a while!
3. What I Like About You: After three episodes, it looks like Holly studied in and on the streets of New York instead of a school in Brooklyn.
4. Riverdale: Do any of these teens know what a classroom looks like? They spend all their time in the shower- sexin’ it up or fending off bear attacks. Saving grace- they are seen on campus!
5. Vampire Diaries: The teenagers in this teen TV series are vampires, werewolves, witches, and are older than their teachers! The school exists on the sidelines.
6. Gossip Girl: Serena van der Woodson has never opened a book!
7. Glee: These teens spent 7.5 hours in the choir room and the rest in their Spanish class.
8. Pretty Little Liars: The English class doesn’t count because of the weird relationship between Mr. Fitz and Aria.
9. All American: This teen Tv series is better than the others but still lays more emphasis on football.
10. Ginny and Georgia: The MANG Gang spent most of their time in the hallway. Ginny did get a bad grade on a test once, though!
11. One Tree Hill: The school had only English classes and basketball practice! Wonder what happened to all the other subjects?
12. Lizzie Mcguire: They spent a good deal of time in class. This Teen Tv series was the start of “Too Cool For School” of the early “’00s.
13. Sabrina the Teenage Witch: She juggled her witch and school lessons beautifully! She spent a lot of time in class and, of course, had most of her witchy mishaps there.
14. The O.C: In this teen Tv series, the teens step into the campus after the 10th episode. But once they are there, they stay there, especially Ryan.
15. Veronica Mars: Veronica was a pro at solving crime and keeping her grades point average up.
16. Gilmore Girls: Rory Gilmore worked hard at Chilton.
17. Elite: These teens are amazing! They plot and commit murders and keep up with their classes with ease.
18. Degrassi: The school in this teen TV series was a school with drama thrown in classes, sports, homework, and after-school classes.
19. Never Have I Ever: These teens will be able to get into a college of their choice with the amount of work they put into classes. But then, with Ben Gross in class, everyone wanted to be there.